Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sharkdiver

White Chocolate with Lemongrass, Coriander and Almond Cream

WHITE CHOCOLATE WITH LEMONGRASS, CORIANDER, AND ALMOND CREAM

This smells SO GOOD! I love the white chocolate note, the lemongrass is also really nice when mixed in with this. To be honest, I am not sure what coriander smells like, but I don't detect anything (on my skin) other than the white chocolate and lemongrass - I can't pick out the almond cream Either, but as someone else mentioned, it may be just lending a bit more creaminess to the white chocolate. Either way, it's really well blended, and a super comforting scent. So glad I caved! :wub2:

(It also does NOT go plastic on me!)

ETA: apparently Coriander are the seeds from the sample plant which is Cilantro - some people think the seeds (coriander) smells similar to cilantro (the leaves) but a bit more citrusy. I personally didn't smell anything close to cilantro in this, but it may have just been so subtle that it blended in with the lemongrass. The lemongrass is a very refreshing lemon, and has that "green" quality to it, it does not Smell like Lemon pledge. (at least, not in my opinion!)

Id rate this one: 4/5 (I personally love foodie scents, and the white chocolate note is good enough to EAT!)

This smells gorgeous: just like white choc and lemongrass, with a smooth and creamy undertone. (I happen to love lemongrass.) The coriander makes a very subtle appearance, lending just a tiny "kick." I got no almond per se (in other words, no cherry smell - which is how almond usually manifests on my skin.)

Unfortunately, the scent faded very quickly on me.

:cry2:

On my skin, the lemongrass and almond cream are the strongest notes, with the white chocolate rounding things out and adding sweetness. I'm not sure I can pick out the coriander as an individual note. The almond is not the cherry-like almond extract type of scent; it is soft and creamy and doesn't take over the fragrance as straight almond often does. This is a tropical fragrance, just begging to be worn on balmy evenings, or on cold days when one wants to fantasize about summer.

In the bottle all I got was white chocolate, but once on and dry the star is the lemongrass, without the sharp edge that it often has. I do get the almond I think, as I get an almost coconutty sweetness in with the white chocolate.

I can't detect any coriander until about an hour after applying it, and then I might only be picking it up because I know the smell so well. The lemongrass has faded completely and the end result on me is a herbal coconut that just doesn't quite work. :(

This is such a lovely blend. Like Sharkdiver I do not detect the coriander. Coriander is also known as Cilantro so I'm not sure if Beth used the oil from the seeds or the leaves of the plant. Since I love Cilantro in leaf form I can say I do not pick up that note at all. Lemongrass is a fav and this is what stands out on me along with the white chocolate. So far no almond note. Maybe it will come with age.

Edited by beachbabealways

This smells soooooo beautiful! I'm getting a very tropical vibe from this blend, I get creamy white chcolate, yummy lemongrass, and.......coconut! I don't know where the coconut is coming from but I even had my boyfriend sniff it and he said, "coconut!"

White chocolate, whiff of lemongrass and coriander. On the drydown, the almond becomes more prominent.

Actually, this is much nicer than I thought it would be. I think both the lemongrass and coriander cut the sweetness and make it slightly savory.

Delicious almond cream and lemon grass at first. Very refreshing, with only a hint of white chocolate which doesn't play nice with my skin. Dry, coconut and sweetened condensed milk, which is probably the white chocolate, and dusty coconut. This does not smell good on me, I blame the white chocolate, as it was very nice at first...

This kinda reminds me of Bella Lucce's Thai Coconut Lemongrass lotion. I don't really get any of the almond/cherry or coriander. It's just a creamy, sweet white chocolate and light, slightly herbal lemongrass.

White Choco Lemongrass doesn't have as much throw or staying power on me as most of bpal's chocolate blends. It fades quickly to a light, sweet, lemony-herbal scent that only lasts about an hour and a half total on my skin.

ITI: I’m overwhelmed by the scent of fake white chocolate. There is a bit of lemongrass, but inhaling deeply sends a tinge to my head.

Wet: Still pungent fake white chocolate, but I get more lemongrass and some coriander.

Dry: After 6 hours and a workout, I get the pleasant smell of light sugar and almond fluff – much more palatable once it’s gotten a chance to dry down.