Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
trillkey

Fresh, wet, and/or green florals

Hi,

I'm just getting into BPAL, coming from a Lush background. I'm looking for a scent that is green, but not pine-green or woody-green, more like fresh flower stems green, with some floral notes (not perfumey floral though), something like an armful of wet flowers. If anyone is familiar with Lush, something like Jungle but with some floral notes, or like maybe like Flower Market. I hope someone understands what I mean!

Any help, is appreciated, I'll be making my first imp order around Christmas and I'm working on choosing my oils!

Thanks!

I love Jungle... haven't found any fragrance that really resembles it yet though (sadly).

Strangler Fig & Eden both have a sort of leafy greenery to them (like being in the top of a tree), but Eden has foodie notes and Strangler Fig is kinda woodsy. And they're more like green leaves than green flower stems.

For floral bouquets, you probably want to check out Funereal Oils. The Reaper & The Flowers might work for you (florals and a grassy green note). There are a lot of unique floral bouquet blends in the Funereal section.

Szepasszony, The Lady of Shalott, & Amsterdam are all both floral and aquatic. Machu Picchu & Manila are rainforest-y florals.

Maiden is one of my favorite florals, because it smells exactly like a fresh cut bouquet of carnations, but that isn't heavily green. I also loved Caliban because it smelled like rich green vegetation on an island, with sea spray all about. Bayou is a favorite of mine because it smells like damp, swamp-green vegetation & hot florals.

I hope my rambling is somewhat helpful, lol.

Edited by Blood onmy hands

Definitely try Prague, and if you like roses, try Two Five and Seven. Both of these have that fresh damp floral thing going.

I recommend Empyreal Mist for your damp green plant needs. I've also heard good things about Dublin. Megaera was bizarrely green and wet on me, but I think that was a chemistry fluke.

Edited by lady_pandora

I very loudly second Amsterdam! It is really really lovely, and it sounds like it's what you're looking for: cool water and crisp tulips, and the smell of stamens from flowers. It's gorgeous.

i second bayou and i'd add the isles of demons, which smells more like wet tropical blooms. i got a very green feeling when i tried it.

Envy is very, very wet green and slightly lush floral to my nose. The lab's description: Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

Hey wow, thanks for all the replies!

I've got an imp of Bayou coming to me, and just after posting yesterday I found the description for Amsterdam, and that's definitely going on my list, as is Jazz Funeral.

It's really great to get suggestions from people as it can be hard to imagine a scent based on the lab's description. I looked at Envy but the "slitheriness" kind of put me off.

I don't know how I'm going to pick just six imps for my first order! :P

I'm looking for a scent that is green, but not pine-green or woody-green, more like fresh flower stems green, with some floral notes

Kitsune-Tsuki comes to mind--to my nose, it's yellow-green and springlike, with a fresh, plant-y, nectar-y vibe to it.

Best of luck!

Orpheus gets my vote. It's a little pricier but smells like crushed greenery and some light floral note. I think "crushed green stems" is even an ingredient!

Is Orpheus GC? I wasn't able to find it in a search on the BPAL site.

I've also heard good things about Dublin.

Dublin is very wet and green, but i didn't suggest it because it's just too...pine or fir or whatever tree that is (i could never take evergreens...not even a real christmas tree T_T).

but if you like those notes, it's probably worth a try, trillkey!

I don't recall how green it is (its been a while), but I remember machu picchu (Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber) being a wonderful example of a wet floral.

I heartily agree with those who've recommended Orpheus - it smells like cool, clean rain and lush greenery. Freakin' gorgeous stuff. :P

Well, I got my Bayou imp yesterday (hooray for first imp ever!), and it's nice, but very, very floral. I don't really get a wet or swampy note at all. And it tends to go powdery after a little while. I have a feeling that my skin chemistry tends to amp up florals until they overpower everything and get into the headache zone. I put a little less on today and it's fine. Just not green enough...