Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Fellatio by a Vulva-Faced Demon

Okay. Don’t trust anything I say. My nose lives by it’s own rules. Upon first application the two things I get immediately are almond extract and sweet tarts. And just like many perfumes with almond, the almond fairly quickly calms the eff down. As it dries down the oud, agarwood, and spice notes come out to play. I like it. I think I might need more time with it to really collect my thoughts (and maybe for the perfume to settle). But so far, so good.

This one is ALL BITTER ALMOND and gorgeous OUD right out of the gate. If you don't like almond, stay away, but if you do like almond (like me), then COME HITHER.

I need to give this one some rest, but initial impressions are that it's a beauty of an oud surrounded by the almond, and as WoolyBee said above, the spices come out as it dries down.

i'm not always an almond fan, and that's a lotta bitter almond to start with. i almost tapped out in the first 5 minutes. but there's something about how it blends with oud that is simultaneous both appealing and off-putting.  which, i'm just now realizing, is ideally suited to the artwork.  ha!  

as the almond and oud dial back a little, the warm smooth spices (with a tickly prickle of pepper) come out, and yeah... that's pretty nice.  the almond is less bitter, and almost a little... bready (??) now.  the oud settles in beautifully too. the end product is surprisingly gentle and warm, considering where we started. probably not unlike the gentleman in the pic, i end up basking in the afterglow of a somewhat unsettling, but ultimately satisfying encounter. 

like @WoolyBee, i think i need to ruminate on this one a while. 

Edited by MamaMoth

My skin, or some combination of my skin and the oud, is making this almond sweet. Not cloying/overpowering, but noticeable, as the almond has a good bit of throw when first applied. I'm also getting a nice amount of black pepper and spices, and overall having a similar experience as MamaMoth described - it is indeed a bit bready!

As with last year's Shadow Games I was really hype to try this, but it's not quite clicking into place for me yet.