Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sweet vegetal mustiness with a tiny amount of terpenic funk, which as it wears is, at turns, sweeter and greener, never committing to one or the other. It dries to a frosty-soapy pleasantness. It has a chilly, verdant vibe that calls to mind the greenhouses in a snowstorm from the first story in Kelly Link’s forthcoming collection White Cat, Black Dog.

In the bottle: Rich carnation with a decidedly green overtone, just as promised. Also slightly sweet and fruity, but not in a foody gourmand sort of way.

Wet: Grassy, soft green floral, sweet and fresh. I'm getting a faint hint of something like mint or eucalyptus. This is like the promise of spring.

As it dries the grass comes out more. It's like walking through a field of grass, herbs, and wildflowers.

Dry: It's become a little less sweet, but in a nice way. It's a little more tangy, with just a hint of something like eucalyptus, but very distant, soft and powdery.

After a few minutes: Very faint powdery green. Sort of sagey, smooth and soft, still with a faint fruitiness.

After first hour: The carnation has come back with a hint of peppery green herbal sweetness.It is not a bold, in your face scent, more subtle and gentle. It's quite smooth and soothing. I would probably love wearing this to bed.

After two and a half hours: A hint of soft herbal carnation, very powdery, smooth and sweet with distant echoes of non-foody fruitiness. Without reapplication it is very mild mannered, understated and close to the skin.

After 5 hours: Just a soft hint of carnation.

Slather test: Whoa, heavy grass, and an almost intoxicating fruity herbalness that might be a bit too heavy in large amounts. If I keep this, I don't think I will need to apply quite this much. I wasn't expecting it to be this powerful

Final verdict: I enjoyed everything but the slather so I'm on the fence about this one. I'm going to rest it, and then retest later.

A really interesting melding of cypress, greenery, and carnation, oscillating between the spiciness of the carnation and what I can only describe as the scent of LUSH's Guardian of the Forest bath bomb.

Holy heck, this is green. It's more of a grass scent than a floral scent on me. It's accompanied by a bit of the Lab's weed note during the wet stage, but then it ends up settling into a grass-dominant melange of greenery that is hard to pick apart aside from the grass, although I think the hemp flowers may be next in prominence by the end of the day. I tend to amp carnation, but that wasn't the case in this one at all.

If you're on the hunt for a green scent, this one is for you. I don't think I could see myself reaching for this one, but I'm glad I decided to try it.

Something in this blend goes totally sideways for me. It starts 🌱pretty 🌱green🌱 grass followed by someone angrily tearing out a bunch of petals and stomping viciously on the stems, bitter plant guts splattered on the grass. I usually love the lab's weed note and carnations are some of my fave florals. It smells violent and sharp, I prefer my greens juicy & dewy OR smoky & dank. Sadly, these shades of green clash when all together for me. Throw: low, Longevity ~4-5hrs

Spicy green-floral. Like a meadow on the edge of a forest. As it dries it is mostly carnation forward and the cypress and grasses are more in the background.

Green and bitter, like picking dandelions, but with an undertone of something funky.  It keeps reminding me of a whiff of dead fish (and thankfully that goes away after about 10 minutes, but it's a rough 10 minutes). 
As it dries down, it's still green and bitter and strongly reminds me of dandelions, with the added sweet, clove-y spiciness of carnations.  I like it a lot once it settles into the sappy, slightly bitter greens and spicy carnation phase.