Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Beaver Moon 2022

I thought this would smell like spiced hot chocolate + the regular Beaver Moon cheesecake (which I love), but it's all dusty spices and smells a lot like cumin to me.  Dusty cinnamon incense, maybe something like cola, and funky cumin.  Perhaps some earthy cocoa in the drydown, but I never get any cheesecake or creaminess, which makes me sad.

Cheesecake and very spicy hot chocolate. The champurrado ends up being noticeably stronger than the cheesecake on me, though the cheesecake is never lost. And I end up getting more spices than chocolate. I agree with the reviewer above, that there was a cola element to the scent. As the scent wore on, the spices ended up being pretty earthy on me, starting to take the scent away from the foodie nature of the scent.

If you didn't like the Café De Olla Fried Ice Cream Jammed Into A Coconut Cream Pie imp from Black Friday one year, you won't like this one either.

I've boarded the cumin train once again. It smells like cumin backed by some creaminess from the cheesecake note and a hint of graham cracker. I really don't like cumin in perfumes, because it has this funky undertone of B.O. and I. just. can't. (The only perfume I like with a cumin note is Bridge Trolls, and that's because the cumin is MIA on me.)

And now I'm boarding the train to Nopeville.

tennant-grumpy.gif

Edited by doomsday_disco

So...any Beaver Moons with Cheesecake notes are usually very good. I didn't know what champurrado is, but thought it should be ok. I got this in a swap and on my, this is soooo awful! I think this is the first time ever I sniffed a bottle I didn't like and actually thought about just throwing it away! Smells like bile... yes, bile. In the bottle and on my skin. I might just actually throw this away... I don't see any positive reviews so I don't think anyone would want to try it. UGH!!!! 

So, this scent is clearly an 'either you love it or hate it' scent.  I was nervous about trying this scent and only bought a half-bottle from Ajevie's leftover collection, but when it arrived...I was surprised by how much it smells like Reese's Puffs?!

Like I was ready to face the dreaded cumin smell. But when I opened the bottle and put it on, all I can smell during the first hour of wear-time is this delicious wave of chocolatey-and-peanut butter corn puffs.

The maize aspect is very present and not at all plasticky, and I can only detect the spices by hour 2 of wearing it (and the spice notes smell very woody and earthy. Like a mix of sandalwood and kitchen spices which reminds me of the spices and amyris used in Zoologist's Chipmunk). I...I really like this scent. I sadly don't get any cream cheese or crust, but as a huge fan of Zoologist Chipmunk (for real, I bought a 2ml decant and completely drained it in 3 weeks), I'm really glad that I've purchased it (and now I'm sad, because all I have is 2.5ml of this version of Beaver Moon).

Honestly, I think I can't smell any cumin because it's a note that usually plays nice on my skin (plus, my nose is probably incapable of smelling any funky cumin if it's present. I grew up in Spanish kitchens that always smelled like a fog of cumin and lentils, and eating cumin-heavy foods has probably altered my sense of smell). I'm gonna test this out on my family and will report back if they think it's got the funky BO-like cumin note.

EDIT: Okay, so it's been 4 hours (and I've been chopping onions and garlic while sweating over the stove): The spices, chocolate, and corn notes have vanished--and I finally get the cheesecake notes (which reminds me a lot of the smell of marshmallow fluff). My husband couldn't smell any funky cumin BO on me, and my kid sister tells me that I smell like cookies (my mom though, is NOT a fan. Claims that I smell 'too sweet' to her). I'll definitely need to try this with a different group of people.

Edited by AutoroboticTribal
Providing more information about a perfume.