Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Kentucky Bourbon Fruitcake

For some reason this smells like a light spiced fruity tea scent to me, moreso than fruitcake.  But the bourbon note is definitely there and it reminds me of the same bourbon note from Spiced Cherry Bourbon.  This bourbon works really well on my skin and keeps going for a long time.  I get the 'oak barrel' impression. 

This also makes me think of Fearful Pleasure, but there's no apple here.  As far as fruit - maybe it's kind of orangey?  Maybe like a light maraschino cherry note?  Hard to say.  And I'm not getting much in the way of nuts.  

Overall it's on the lighter side which I am happy about, but it does last a long time.  Over time the bourbon comes out as the stronger note.  It's a lighter scent than Spiced Cherry Bourbon, and I think they are different enough that I can keep both in my collection.   I'm from KY and in more recent years I've grown to like boozy fruitcake (always thought it was yucky as a kid), so I'm glad to have this, even though it's not exactly like fruitcake to me.  

Oh and one more thing, just from memory, this is reminiscent of the Fruitcake imp that the lab was sending out for Christmas a few years ago.  I think this current one is a little lighter.  

This one is a surprise and not what I expected. If I sniffed a piece of fruitcake that smelled like this...I would eat it. 

The Fruit in this Cake is marachino cherry dominating strong out of the bottle for a delightful (and my favorite part of the) scent experience. 

The big marachino cherry gets outta the way quickly as a sophisticated Bourbon saunters in, sits down and stays awhile! 

What I am surprised by is what notes are NOT there.  I cannot pick out traditional fruitcake spices. or...they are minimal, so well blended they don't spike or dominate. But to my nose, they are just not there. No cake or cakey-like sugars or batter, either. The dry down is light, and stays close to the skin. 

Happy to have this Kentucky Boubon Fruitcake in my collection as it's unique to have a spicefree Yule Boozy scent. 

I am a fan of a good whiskey note so I was hoping this would be booze forward based on "soaking in 90 proof." It does smell like booze, but it's not a big booming boozy scent (alas). I do get a bit of cherry as well, but it's not really coming across as foodie in my opinion. If you think you would be into a politely boozy holiday scent, this might be a good one to try!

I agree with fiam's analysis!! Starts over v yummy candied syrupy maraschino cherry with just a hint of liquor to come, and after a bit on the skin is that gorgeous bourbon. I can't detect any cake or spice, maybe that will show up with age? Either way, I'm quite chuffed with how it is now- I adore heavy alcohol scents and this bourbon smells *incredible* :)

On me, this is a light, warm honey scent with a bit of spice. I’m not getting any fruit or alcohol from this, but I really like it anyway.

Buttery yellow cake batter laden with the hypernatural lurid fruity sweetness of jade green and synthwave sunset red candied cherries, a sour bit of citron, and the tartness of dried pineapple; there’s a measuring cup nearby spilling with the potent tannic, caramel-scented fumes of oak barrel-aged whiskey and yeah, you’re eventually going to drench the cake in it after it’s done baking and leave the whole thing on the counter to mellow overnight, but for now you’re gonna stick a straw in it and slurp a bit of the top as a treat for the cook. Maybe munch on a few of those pecans you decided at the last moment not to stir in. It’s your kitchen, your rules!

This one is red fruits mostly cherry on top of yellow cake with a little bourbon spice hitting in the dry down. I really like it and it’s really unique. It smells a little different every time I wear it not sure if it’s the perfume or my skin but it’s always good. Kentucky has a place in my heart too so that’s a bonus 😉