Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Fir Needle, Peony, and Indigo Musk

Very nice blue tinged musky fir needle. I don't smell peony but I do smell a faint tulip note. I wonder how strong that note will be for others.

I am a fan of consistency in my perfumes and have become extremely wary of all of the extreme bottling errors, mislabeling and variations most likely due to speedy bottling without stirring/recombining components, etc. 

My experience of this blend is a delightful triptych of the notes in the order they are listed - on wet, I get a nice big fir needle embrace. As the fir needle settles down, peony blooms and announces itself - I'm a big scent note too! Drying down, the musk becomes apparent and wraps its arms around the peony and fir notes. I was not sure what to expect from this, but it's very straightforward and cozy. Indigo musk with fir has a great blue-evergreen vibe. The musk with peony feels sensual, and reminds me of Black Goat/Pink Flower even though that one didn't have musk listed, it had a very nice musky vibe, and this is that same peony note. 

Anywho if you are a fan of these notes, I would give this one a shot. I think it could work for anyone (at least to me it doesn't read as overtly masc or femme). Lower/moderate throw. 

Beautiful fir and a deep, fresh blue musk. Makes me think of stargazing in a forest. I catch a whiff of peony in the imp, but struggle to find it on my skin until a ways into the dry down. Even then it flutters gently around the fir needles. 

On me, this is PEONY with fir and blue musk. The musk sort of blends with the peony, and the fir doesn’t stand a chance. Big pink floral with a hint of baby blue musk, cool in tone.