Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Schrödinger’s Checkmark

I love Stekkjarstaur and Silky Bat so I was eager to try Schrödinger’s Checkmark. :wub: I have all three now so I'm comparing them

Freshly applied/wet on the skin, it smells very strongly of a buttery marshmallow, very similar to Stekkjarstaur. There is a caramel patchouli background. The patchouli is not similar to Silky Bat at all; they are totally different. I'd describe SC as sweet caramel patchouli and Silky Bat as a light/mellow patchouli. Both are lovely. 

Dry stage: it dries down to a vanilla patchouli that smells just like The Love Swing hair gloss to me. Unfortunately all the lovely vanilla marshmallow fades after about ten minutes then all that is left on my skin is a faint sweet patchouli

This one fades surprisingly quickly on me. I tried it multiple times (on hydrated skin ;) ) and every time fades completely after about 20 minutes  :cry2:. I might have better luck with a scent locket, I'll have to try that next time because I do really enjoy the scent before it fades :yum:

someone recommended this when I said I loved Banshee Beat, and I immediately ordered two bottles. 

I ripped my package open because I was so excited to smell this. I sniffed the unopened bottle and immediately thought it smelled like Antikythera Mechanism (which I need to re-purchase)…and a black licorice note?  I opened the bottle and got a whiff of buttercream, and coffee liquor…? I was a bit disappointed. 

I dabbed the oil onto my forearm and wrist and suddenly the scent transformed into the marshmallowy, caramelly, patchouli I was expecting. an hour later, the marshmallow is very faint, but I’m still smelling caramel with a hint of that sweet patch. 

it’s not the exact same melty-sweet patchouli that’s in BB, but I love it either way & I’m glad I bought two bottles 💜

This one went on with a very minty sort of patchouli dominating, then turned a bit dank and mildewy (reminiscent of Haul on the Bowline), before drying down to something akin to Vanilla Bean, Marshmallow, and Benzoin with a rich backing of patchouli. Like VBMB I do find it to be low throw and not terribly long lasting, but it's still a very nice patchouli scent.