Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Bobbing for Zombies

Dried rose petals and leathery dried apples soiled with Spanish moss, oakmoss and deep brown earth.

Utterly gorgeous. I have always loved Zombi, and adding an apple note makes it even more beautiful.

Wet: smells just like I thought it would, walking through a leaf-strewn cemetery on an autumn day.

After 30 minutes: a unisex cologne note comes out. It's pretty and chilly and slightly obscures the soil note. But the effect on whole is still gorgeous.

I am a fan of Zombi and think it has a slightly sinister vibe underlying the beauty. Adding apple softens the sinister aspect for me. In the bottle and wet, it's very apple-forward and juicy. Then it tones down to Zombi with the apple just hovering in the background. Very pretty and positive in this form. 

I have Zombi and all of its variants, so I couldn't stop with this one, especially since it is apple!

Bobbing for Zombies is recognizably Zombi, but it not nearly as somber thanks to the addition of the apple note. The rose is really tame here compared to the original, as I think it just adds a bit of brightness and bite to the apple. Over time, the moss aspect of Zombi gains strength, so that it is mostly moss and dirt with what remains of the apple by the end of the day. I agree with the cemetery comparison and would say it's like walking through a cemetery with apple trees and fallen apples on an autumn day.

I deathmatched this against another apple and dirt scent from the Lab, 2013's All Hallows' Apple. The apple in that one is redder and stays more prominent throughout wear than the apple in Bobbing for Zombies, and there is no moss in that one, so it is firmly apple and dirt. But if you have tried and liked that one, you'd probably enjoy this one as well, and I think they are different enough to warrant owning both.

I'm really happy to have a bottle of this one.

Edited by doomsday_disco

When it's wet, this scent has the most spectacular rotting apple smell. It's precisely that sulfuric-y scent of an apple you've left out too long, to the point it genuinely startled me. As the scent wears, however, those earthy oakmoss-y notes come out, sweetened by the rose petals. Maybe weird to say but I appreciate how the lab isn't scared to really confront you with 'unpleasant' notes at first lol. Not a scent I think I'll be wearing regularly because of those initial notes, but I certainly don't regret having it.

In the bottle -  Macintosh apple, hint of rose. Sweet, a little earthy.

Wet -  Still apple-y, but more dirty. Dusty. A wee bit mossy. A touch of rose still. The apple is definitely the strongest scent, with the dirt following after, and then just hints of roses. Not really like Zombi at all. Very dry.

Dry Stays mostly apple with a hint of rosiness and earthy mossiness. Very subtle and pleasant.

Low throw. Very nice, but if you're looking for Zombi, go for Zombi.