Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pale woods and dried rose petals, white sandalwood, bone dust, sweet amber, and incense smoke.

Ooo Hell yeah, now we're talkin'. This is about what you'd reckon it'd smell like: dry, spooky-ass rose with bones (orris adjacent but I don't think it's orris. It's truly bone-like) and light dry woods. Amber sweetens, incense sexies. Is that a word?

Overall it is sort of limestone-esque, if you catch my drift, w/ dry rose. I was hoping for something similar to Cicuta or Lycan Lace in feel, pale, spoopy, desiccated, rosey, and fit for a vampire bride and this delivers in spades. few days later edit: Retested Cicuta today, very different from Tovenares, w that Rose Cross frankincense, but stays in the same rosey, haunted, vampire headspace, if that makes sense. Tovenares leads more feminine, soft, and eerie, much less harsh.

I don't know if people in public will like it, it's uniqure and different. About to pick up the Rob Zombie Munsters movie so I guess we'll see what People of Walmart think. ;) I guess Lily would wear something like this, cuz why not. 

This might be too dusting powder for some, but it's the kind I like, like a vampire's dusting powder on cold shoulders, but far more complex than all that. It is creepy AF though, so it is not a shy, 'ok try to be normalz' crowd pleaser, but I love that about it. It is unsettling in the best way, like Cicuta, Dracul, and Zombi are disconcerting in their own way. Beautiful. 

Get this vamp bish in your closet, you spoopy spoopers. :squee::heart:

4 hrs later edited some stuff, scent about the same, just lighter. I love this.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This is beautiful but very vague. I don't know how else to describe that...meh. I can't smell any individual listed notes.

this begins with wood and incense mostly, with a hint of sweetness from the amber. in a few minutes i get a lot of rose and sandalwood and the incense amps up. it's like a woody rose with incense. it's a dry scent, not a dewy rose at all. roses in a box that once held incense and the scent of it has embedded itself into the box. this is really pretty, but i have so many incense-roses. glad i just got a decant because i probably don't need a bottle. 😉

Tovenares smells like it's the 90s and I'm wearing a freshly washed pastel sweatshirt with a cat design on it and sitting next to some rose potpourri while I put lotion on my hands.