Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A cacophony of feathers and fur, cracked clay and moist stone, scattered rushes, upturned herbs, red sage, and frankincense smoke.

Right on the skin I get clean, watery herbs. A lot of frankincense smoke, which tickles my nose. Don't get anything fur or feather-like yet.

2 hours in it smooths out and I'm getting the clay and wet stone. This is pretty! I was worried it would turn out like Witches Kitchen, which sadly did not work on me, but no! It's watery clay and stones with a light touch of frankincense and sage. I'll hang on to this bottle and see if it develops as it ages.

Edited by jiggahava

This sounded intriguing so I had to get it.  In the bottle:  Tingly and spicy, almost like ginger ale, with a hint of frankincense.  On, wet:  More spice, herbs, and maybe dry and damp straw.  Still really reads as a spice blend on me--not entirely sure what red sage is but I guess this is it!  Also still the uncanny read of....ginger ale.  Drydown:  After a few hours and re-application after an overnight wear, get a touch of dankness that is almost like wet feathers or wet clean dog fur, but...yeah...warm spices and ginger ale.  Low throw, long wear.  This could be a Yules given the spiciness.  Really not getting any of the advertised clay and wet stone, to the point where I double checked the bottle art (name is very hard to read on the bottle -- tiny white letters on a pale background = not great).  But yes, I am reviewing the correct scent!  I like it, but it is A) not what I expected and B ) really reads completely different on me than in the description!  EDIT: After hours of wear, FINALLY getting some wet stone notes along with straw, fur, and feathers. Took a VERY long time to develop though!

Edited by Threemoons

First impression: Sweet, damp herbal clay. This smells like a craft from the thatch-roofed cottage of an artisanal country witch.

The dampness here is a more-than-mild aquatic touch to herb-littered, moldable clay. I seem to smell ginger and sage and something a bit dried and stalky, and something else that reminds me of a heather plant --- could those be the rushes?

The blend also carries an ambient dustiness or fuzziness, which develops quite a bit more in drydown. I believe this is the feathers and fur. I'm a complete animal nut. But animals to me are usually like foods are to many... I love them out doing their thing, or in my hands, but not necessarily worn on skin as a perfume. Unfortunately, after the pretty herbal clay opening, this goes all feather dust and animal fuzz on me. The beginning was charming and lovely, though.

Herbs, spicy wood, a touch of feathers and fur. This one smells like an old kitchen. Medium throw and wear length.