Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Film Noir Femme Fatale Experiment

Created for a shelved cinema project. A sultry amber perfume with dark berry notes and wild plum, with rosewood, tuberose, opoponax, and black honey.

Was super excited to try this scent from the Purge.

In bottle, smells like a white floral with a little green edge.

On skin it begins much the same way, pretty white floral with a slightly green edge, but as it dries Its becomes a tuberose dominant scent on my skin, powdery and mildly indolic and less green. I wish I was picking up on the dark berries because I feel its exactly what the blend needed and was a perfect compliment for the tuberose, too. It smells *fancy*. Its very pretty. Am I selfish because I wanted more of the amber and berries? 100% YES. If I reach and think about it too hard, I can imagine this as a body wash in a ritzy spa. I like those body washes and buy them. Then I never use them. They sit beside my tub and I stare at them and daydream about going back on a future vacation and getting a good massage and buying more of the spa bodywash. And still I do not use, cause if I use what will remind me that I want to go back? 

I feel like i am going to sit and stare at this perfume and imagine how lovely it would have been if I picked up the berries and consider it very fancy but not wear it. 

Brief note: I am thinking this might have been an older shelved project because the black honey is not the honey I have experienced in recent lab fresh releases. Its a tiny bit of  sweetness in the background, but not a thick layer of sticky syrup. 

I get none of the fruits in this, just amber, a light floral, a slight sweetness from the honey, and a smoky wooden note that dominates everything else. (Go rosewood!) My skin will amp up any wood and amber notes now and go to town, so ymmv (and it definitely will in this case).

So gutted I can't get on with this. All I get is TUBEROOOOOOSSSSEEEEEE in a very heavy, "Imperial leather soap" cloud, sickly sweet, soapy stink.

This one is a traditionally sexy dark slinky opium perfume. For femme fatales and Old Hollywood glamour. Smells extra fancy. Great throw, medium wear length.

At first application, i'm greeted with a whopping opoponax and tuberose! These calm down quite quickly, and make room for the other notes; i can pick 'em all out quite clearly. This is a sexy dark mix with a honey-sweet razor-sharp edge. It does have a bit of an old-timey feel to it, but in a good way!