Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I find the idea of Young Corn very represented here. The summer breezes are here to play. They bring a freshness, a zing to the air. You are afraid of the word "fresh"? Do not trample here. Freshness abounds. It's not quite white musk, but it's ZINGY. Things are buzzing in the air. The corn is a-husking. The soil is a-growing. The haystacks are freshly mown and very, very new. Everything is young. Everything is not yet reached autumn.

Something about this brings to me my mood as I set up things for a Halloween in Florida. It does not bring me to a full autumn in bloom in the north; it is a grassy, breezy, humid autumn in the south. Kind of amazing! There's a cottony, freshly washed air to everything, as if whatever decorations have gotten a spin through the wash or a brush with a deodorizing spray. That's what we do here.

I want to layer this with some spicy, sweet, deeply autumnal blends. I really like its base layer, I just don't think it's quite complete as is. If you are a BPAL collector and layerer, I highly recommend. If you're looking for a one-and-done fall scent, this is not the one, I fear. It really depends on preference, and I am very curious to experiment with Young Corn as a complement to the rest of my Weenie collection.

I definitely smell the corn husk in this--or rather, it smells like corn silk tea, with the slightest hint of something creamy that I'm catching now and again. For me, this is a very fresh, clean, light green spring scent. I honestly have no association with autumn with this one. I'm also not getting much soil, which I was looking forward to. Still, I am very much a fan of crisp, clean, green scents, so this will definitely see much use.

EDIT: After a few hours, the cream note comes through stronger and stronger, and now this smells like a bowl of creamed corn. Yum.

Edited by MolyH

You know when, as a kid, your parents kept you occupied and relatively out of trouble by having you pull all the husks and those millions of little pale yellow strings from the corn cobs for dinner? This is that scent.

And it's beautifully blended with a soft, pale yellow silky note, a little whiff of clean green hay (like green alfalfa), and a faint creaminess and summery warmth.

Lovely perfume, unique and atmospheric. Considering a bottle.

I had to try this just because of the name. :lol: 

This kind of gives me Gourd of Deprivation vibes, but with like, the ghost of cherry or almond that I can't attribute to the listed notes, but maybe it's something in the breeze part of the scent, or the creaminess others are getting? The soil and spices aren't distinct to my nose, and it's not in your face corn like Ceres. I feel like it's mostly hay and dried corn husks, so if you're a fan of those late summer/early fall scents featuring hay, this would be a good one to try. Don't let the corn part or the spiced part in the description scare you! (Or the dirt -- I'm a dirt lover, and there's no mound of dirt here!)

I don't think it's something I need more of, but I am glad that I decided to try it!