Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Charcoal, Champa Resin, and Tobacco Absolute

i was very curious about what charcoal would bring to the table. to me, the note smells like soft, sweet ash.  combined with the champa resin, this very much smells like the ashes leftover from many a burnt stick of nag champa.  powdery, incensy, and sweet.  oftentimes i say "incensy" to mean resinous, but this smells truly like incense.  a little lick of smoke would complete the perfect picture. 

the tobacco is quite shy. i don't catch much until an hour or so in, when the champa starts to dial back and an earthy sweetness starts emanating from underneath.  the opening stage is a fascinating atmospheric, but this is where i really started enjoying it.  i could swear i catch phantom whiffs of sandalwood sometimes, too. 

This is the nag champa incense blend of my dreams with a smol bit of tobacco peaking out for a spell. :wub2:

If you missed An Opiate Vapor or loved that one, this is similar but softer/less deep. Unisex, sexy.

Thank you and praise be to all things holy for this blend!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Agree with the comparison to my beloved an Opiate Vapor! Definitely softer, hard to describe but it does exactly what it says on the tin- alluring in a cozy comforting sort of way, it's dry and warm and makes me think of curling up under the jacket of someone who smokes (nothing cig-like in here just the lovely tobacco!). It's a lovely night-time scent :))