Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pomegranate Peach Martini

Wet: Pom bomb.  Red and juicy.

Semidry: Pomegranate alcohol.  Syrupy but not sugary booze like in a tiki drink.  

Dry: Still syrupy alcohol.  It's softer--probably the peach--but still primarily pomegranate.  

R wrist - The syrupy alcohol element is strong.  Pomegranate Nyquil but it's not unpleasant. 

Pomegranate plastic or vinyl. I recognize the latter as a vodka note, and it does grow more overtly alcoholic on me as it starts to dry. But at first blush, it's mostly vinyl, chemical, thin, and tinny to my nose.

The pom isn't as loud on me as it often is as a note; the peach is softer but present.

Later on, I get more of a fruit-syrupy booze. I can see Fruit Nyquil at this point.

Note: I'm testing my friend's bottle. Vodka notes haven't worked on me before, and I don't think they start to here. That is okay. :smilenod:

I like this a lot better than I expected to. The words vodka and martini do not go together in my mind, and pomegranate vodka grosses me out. This oil does not remind me of crummy vodka drinks, thankfully. Pom and peach fruitiness really opens up with skin contact, and there is an alcohol component but it's not overwhelmingly boozy. Smells like a proper cocktail with real ingredients, the pomegranate is nice and tart. Dry I get a big round pomegranate, sweetened by peach. 

This has a “poisonous” quality I didn’t expect. Many scents just say “dessert” to me, which is fine when you’re in the mood… but I really love this! If anyone can think of other BPALs that feel poisonous (& not just ‘cause of their names), let me know!