Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is one of those types of scents that the Lab does so well.  It is a gorgeous, moody, dark opium.  It's brightened by the champaca orchid, giving it an almost champagne-like effervescence and a high-end perfume vibe, a bit reminiscent of Closet Raid.  The violets are there, too, giving it a velvety base.  I put it on at bedtime and could still get traces of its scent in the morning.   

This Sleeper instantly became a sleeper hit, possibly my favorite of 2022. The opium I think is the same as Night Figure on The Bridge, heady, resinous, rich, I agree moody, too. I do get an almost effervescence as well, like if floral incense could have an uplifting effect, especially in the beginning.

I don't get much violet, its well blended into everything else. I was afraid it would ruin this blend for me but it doesn't, maybe just adding a wearable softness.

I have a French opium oil from the local renn faire and this is very similar. The epic drydown is mostly dark and mysterious opium with soft champaca petals.

Monster Goth vibes, this is one I wouldn't hesitate to reach for heading to the club or a concert. Strong and lasting too, a dab will do you. Its not smoky, but feels hazy. Unisex, this would be sexy on anyone. 

Possible backup in my future. :wub2:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Absolutely gorgeous scent.  It is mostly womanly opium on me with a veil of violets.  One of the prettiest perfumes of the year for me.

I wish I had the other reviewers' luck with longevity, as it fades very quickly on my skin in spite of slathering.

I was originally gonna pass on this one cause past me was silly and thought they didn't like any florals- but, being ever a fool who is easily parted from their money! I got it mostly due to my love for the sleeper collection as a whole. And oh mannn this is a new holygrailslathermycorpseinthisplease situation. I'm nothing short of infatuated. It certainly is recognizably floral- but it's sort of a pretty, lilting undertone to the star of the show my beloved OPIUM TAR!! my gods it is incredible. Not a note my nose is used to picking out so at first I didn't know how I could explain this scent at all- it smells like being smothered by a warm, woolen blanket in the middle of the night cause you're scared of the monsters watching you- dreamy in a strange, foreign and yet undeniably alluring way, like those dreams of all different worlds where so many strange things are happening and when you wake up you can't help but feel you were meant to stay there, actually. It's irresistibly alluring, in a strange, hazy exotic way. I cannot overstate how in love I am and I will be keeping a watch out for any perfumes with this note in the future!

Less helpfully, it smells like my grandparents often would when I was a child and it makes me miss them dearly while also being soothing in a way. Why my good Christian grandparents consistenly smelled like opium does leave me with some questions, but I digress!

This is a ramble and I shall not apologize!

Edited by bygraveyardlight

Orchid, opium tar and smells like a sophisticated traditional cologne. Medium throw and wear length. 

Oh my god, this is amazing. It does somehow smell vaporous, like a fog machine in an opium den. This is a goth femme fatale perfume, and I feel powerful and otherworldly while wearing it. I don't really get any violet from it, but that's okay -- the opium tar and champaca are a perfect duo, and I can't ask for any more. I slept on this Sleeper while it was available, and now I'm kicking myself!