Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I love what The Lab can do with seemingly simple note combinations. There are only two notes listed here but they come together so beautifully and make a perfume that is more complex than you would expect from the description. Here, the white sandalwood is a bone-dry wood. It brings a stark heat to this perfume, like being in the desert sun. It pairs well with the pomegranate, which is surprisingly sweet and delicate. Together with the sandalwood, the pomegranate almost gives a floral impression.

I think this perfume really fits its name and the painting. I wasn't expecting to like this one so much, but the combination sounded intriguing. I'm glad I tried it!

Eep. What's going on with my skin and this one?

At a glance, I'd imagine this would be similar to Abduction of Persephone by a Unicorn (white sandalwood, black currant, and pomegranate). I finished that bottle long ago, so I can't compare... but this is nothing like my memory of it.

At first it smells like fruity, raw stomach bile on my skin. And I'm queasy. Who the, what the?

Over time, the bile thing calms down. Mostly... Something here that isn't like any pom or sandalwood note I've tried is repelling me, unfortunately. It reminds me of wine trying to come back up? As more time passes, this aspect keeps settling. But it's a lot, and I'm going to set this aside now.

The sandalwood is definitely stronger than the pomogranite on my skin, but the pomogranite keeps it from just being all sandalwood all the time. BPAL's pomogranite notes are usually too aggressive on my skin, but this one behaves itself and DOESN'T amp to smell like a jolly rancher. All in all, a solid combination.