Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honey Babka is very much about the honey, which is a floral, yet somewhat musky honey to my nose. I get some breadiness far in the background, but mostly, it's a honey party on my skin, and the honey in this doesn't really make me think of food.

I've never had honey babka, so I can't compare this to the real thing, but I really wish I got more babka from this! This is definitely one for honey fans.

ETA: I tried this months later and the scent is more bready now, although the honey, while not being super floral like before, went powdery on me. :( I could smell the sugar syrup note with age, though!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Freshly on, this is mostly warm, glazed pastry --- lightly spiced with cinnamon and a little nutty --- with some honey further sweetening the dish.

The pastry is realistic enough to give me an immediate head-picture of pulling off a piece, seeing the cinnamon-flecked, moist bread stretch and tear unevenly, feeling the stickiness on my fingers. (And... I'm noticing that it's about time to come off the intermittent fasting for the day and have breakfast! But who's hungry? 😏)

The balance is consistent on me through its wear, which is fairly short on my skin (less than an hour?).

Cozy, amiable, hunger-inducing.

Surprisingly light given the description, but that might be my own weirdness: I am completely nose-blind to this when sniffing from the decant. On my skin, it’s a light honey blend. No real staying power.

This smells of almonds in the best way - not that cherry extract almond smell, but soft and creamy like marzipan and warm almond cake.  The dough part smells fluffy, moist and freshly baked, almost like donuts, with the honey coming in super sweet and reminiscent of powdered sugar glaze.  I don't get any spices, thankfully.  This is very different from Chocolate Babka, but I love them both.