Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sniffing this hilarious Luper, my scent memories take me right back to being about six years old and getting a Sam's Choice grape soda for a quarter at the end of a Walmart shopping trip. The cold grape fizzies tasted so GOOD in the Florida heat! I don't even know that I've had a grape soda in about 25 years, but I can still vividly remember that smell and taste on my tongue.

In spite of its moniker, Purple Jelly Dildo is a very innocent trip back to those days. Nothing very complex about this scent, although on drydown, I swear I can smell a hint of black currant. Maybe even red currant? It's a little sip of fruity tea, elegantly cheeky. In the other teapot, of course, the kids' teapot, is grape soda, just straight up grape soda. A trip down memory lane!

I don't think I need more than a decant, but if I loved grape more than I currently do, this would be fantastic to layer with plum, blackberry, and any other purply blends. I am not mad at this at all.

100% this is grape soda when freshly applied. :lol: It goes to grape jelly on the drydown, and I like that it's not crushingly sweet. Agree that it could be fun for layering.

I almost couldn't find this thread, as I typed in Grape Jelly Dildo.  This scent honestly makes me think grape jelly doughnut. It's not yeasty or a sweet confectionary masterpiece waiting to melt upon my tongue, but that's simply where my mind had chosen to catalog the scent. 

This is such a juicy ripe grape jelly out of the gate.  There is this... burst! And it's stunning! It's such a fun scent, sneaking into your childhood memories of otter pops effortlessly.  

I was certain this wouldn't be one for me.  So certain I didn't even go for a decant; however,  a lovely friend bestowed one upon me,  certain this was a ride I should experience.  My goodness were they correct. 

This dries down to a soft alluring fruity musk, something I would expect to encounter lounging naked upon a chaise longe, while grapes are dangled above my luscious lips.  Grazing the day away, avoiding the heat that is certain to swallow me, if I dare embark beyond the shadows. 

If you are looking for a scent vacation with fruity bursts and musky rendezvous, this just might be the scent for you!

Very purple and grape. Smells juicy and fun. I love plum and forest berry type scents and this will layer well with those.

Slightly plasticky purpley berry (I truly don't get grape specifically). Very low throw. Honestly, having smelled Blackberry Moon first, this smells like a less complex version of that to me and I definitely prefer the recent moon. Glad I got to try it though.

OK, so this is such a fun one!  In the bottle, it's an explosion of real deal, deep purple Welch's Grape Soda from my childhood days -- every bodega sold it, and it was my favorite.  On, wet;  The sweet grape soda explosion continues, with a few other berry notes popping in--there are the tiniest hints of currant and maybe some other sweet berry....almost like the Lab's blackberry note but not quite?  Drydown - Is Grape Soda Skin Musk a Thing?  Because that is what I am left with -- a very hot-weather friendly almost floral skin musk, with more hits of that grape and the ghost of a few sweet berries.  Low throw after drydown, and medium wear.  I just wish the Grape Explosion lasted longer!