Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Houses At The Back – Frosty Morning

Whimsical lilac. Not heady- maybe the misted ambers make it soft and calm. The amber isn't warm- I'm getting a soft misty blue color from this scent, but it is adding a little sweetness. Peaceful. Good for layering! I'd actually fall asleep happily sniffing this instead of some of lavender scents I've tried. 

This is a light, wispy scent. The amber and lilac go together nicely. This isn't a heady lilac, it's more an imprint of lilacs you smelled long ago or are far away. The amber is the soft, almost powdery kind that serves as a foundation but isn't overt. This is a pleasant scent, but too light for me. It's like when you put on a sweater you haven't worn in a while and you smell the perfume you last wore on it. 

This is *much* more lilac-forward than the other recent lilac blends (Vigil for the Harvest Suitors, Second Sight) by the lab I've tried.

A cool floral lilac is the dominant note from the word go. I could smell the orris root as a slightly vegetal base when I first put it on, but it's hidden behind the lilac and the powdery amber in the dry stage. This is simple and pleasant - not a ton of notes, not a big morpher. The combination of florals and powdery amber give this a pretty classic women's perfume feel. I imagine someone who doesn't mind that or loves lilac would really enjoy this; however, this is not a scent for me.