Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Black Apple, White Musk, and Champagne Grape

Oh, gosh, am I first? I'm surprised!

My overall impression, honestly, is: Gingerbread Witch and Gingerbread Invisible Man (Invisible Gingerbread Man?) had a baby! A sweet-sharp, apple-ginger fizzy champagne baby!

This basically stays the same from bottle, to wet on my arm, to dry-down.  It has that black apple note - a dark autumnal sort of apple, maybe with some dark spice that's contributing to the ginger impression, since I know ginger's not a listed note! The apple-sweetness (not SWEET sweet, but like biting into a very ripe apple) meets and gets swept up into the BPAL fizzy champagne note, which is light and bright and sparkling and a little sharp (not in a bad way - more like bubbles tickling your nose). It's not grape-y, for those worried about that! But some combo of all this really does read as ginger-y (not gingerbread-y, but actual ginger) to my nose. It's not too sweet, but the apple-sweet-tart helps balance out the champagne glittery edges, and it's really nice.

Big initial throw, and seems to have good staying power! I think this might get a lot of summer/autumn use.

This opens on me with a dry and mildly grapey champagne (with fairly low-key fizz) and a beautiful, tart black apple.

This is pleasant until the white musk turns it to apple-champagne powder poofs (oof oof) on my skin.

On me, the champagne grape is the star at first, and it does have a bit of champagne-y effervescence to it. I think it's the same champagne grape note found in Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat. The apple note gains strength over time and does end up cozying up right alongside it, so that it ends up being a sweet apple and champagne grape scent (with only a hint of fizz after a few hours). I think it may be the same apple found in Black Ice Sleeper, but I'd have to deathmatch the two to be sure, and this scent is much sweeter than that one because of the champagne grape and the lack of ice. The white musk just grounds the fruits to make sure they stick around, and the grape in this doesn't smell like artificial grape at all (which I detest thanks to having Dimetapp as a kid).

I don't think this is a menage that I need more of, but I'll hang onto my decant to wear during the warmer months!