Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Smoke and cinders floating thickly in a soup of orris and blackened sandalwood.
Edited by Seajewel

Leaden Fog somehow manages to be both smoky and clean on my skin, with the sandalwood becoming more prominent as it dries down. It's a fascinating blend and I'm liking it quite a bit. My chemistry often tends to sweeten things up, but this one stays pretty gender-neutral on me.

This is definitely clean and yet smokey as @coulrophobe has said.

Very pleasant. I can't really smell it in the bottle and it smells like a very subtle skin-musk on my skin at first. 

After about an hour, it gets a little stronger. It definitely expresses how sandalwood can be clean and yet smokey. On me, it's a very faint smell and I look forward to trying it again when it has aged. 

Note: I have a weaker sense of smell than the average person so this is worth mentioning.

Leaden Fog is mostly orris on me---a thick, slathered orris, almost orris butter. It's little powdery, but more cottony and clean. 

Drydown brings out a bit of parched, bone-dry sandalwood. Looking back at the notes, I realize that what I'm reading as super-dry, almost scorched-dry, is the blackened quality. 

But mostly... for me, this is orris, more orris, and some orris butter.

i get a whiff of black smoke (not an incense smoke) and cinders over a cool almost aquatic note-i guess this is a more 'carroty' orris than powdery one. later the smoke dies down and i get more sandalwood-at this point it's a cool orris with sandalwood and a bit of smoke. this is a really interesting perfume, and is not my usual type of scent, though it's a mix of things i tend to like separately/with other notes. 

This smells oily and mechanic. Smoky, oily, mechanic. Medium throw and wear length.

It's a lighter, airier, slightly reminiscent of Wasteland World. If you wanted to try that event exclusive, give this puppy a whirl.

In the Decant:  Soap?

Wet: A little soapy, a little floral, a little charred.

Dry: This is a skin scent for me. It's a clean scent with just a streak of cinders. Very nice! Not really a bottle upgrade, but I will enjoy my decant.