Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Citrine

Glittering ambrette seed, crystalline sparkles of lemon and orange blossom, blood orange and orange peel, bay leaf, sweet myrrh, and caraway.

Whoa. This is a beautiful, intense and (yes) glittering scent (no, no glitter, lol). I think there's a piece of citrine in the bottle! 😊 My bottle has been resting for at least a week.

I almost passed on this because of the caraway but it doesn't matter. The combination of the ambrette and citrus notes is fantastic. 

I will try to remember to write more as this blooms on my skin but I really just wanted to put my initial impression out there for now. It is beautiful...and deep!

Eta: 5 hours later - holy moly after an hour this has some serious throw! Very gender neutral. It leaned femme for the first bit but leaned masculine after an hour. I loooove it. 

Edited by HerbGirl

This to me is an herby citrus blend - yes to orange blossom, orange, bay laurel and resin holding it all up. It's citrusy for an hour, which is a miracle for my skin, because my skin eats citrus like its Vitamin C deprived. It ends up as a resinous herb for me after about 2 hours. Medium throw and wear length.

This is a gorgeous, sophisticated (and expensive-smelling) citrus/resin blend. If anything, I expected a stronger citrus kick based on the description, but the citrus notes seem to come more from the orange and lemon blossom than the blood orange and orange peel. Between that and the ambrette adding a slight muskiness, the citrus is bright, but surprisingly restrained. Over time, the citrus notes fade into the background, leaving a sweetly resinous scent with the ambrette and sweet myrrh dominating. I wish the citrus notes stuck around through the whole wear time, but the resinous phase is so pretty it doesn't really matter.

i expected something brighter and more sparkling and citrusy.  and there is a top layer of that, but it's deeply rooted to a warm, glowing, resinous heart. the citrus does last much longer than it usually does for me, and as it fades away it leaves the spirit of its zestiness behind to keep things fresh. that heart of resin start to bloom over time, sweet and a touch powdery (in an incensey way), with a little bit of herbal character and just a wee suggestion of soft muskiness.  

i can't really tease apart the notes very much... it's of a whole, complex and very beautiful. 

Edited by MamaMoth

I got a selection of imps from Haute Macabre since they started offering them recently, and I didn't expect to enjoy Citrine as much as I do! It is quite citrus forward at first but the ambrette and myrrh and bay are so gorgeous alongside it! And warm, like sunshine. I'm strongly considering a full size bottle :)