Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dead Leaves, Roasted Almonds, and Bourbon Cream

This Dead Leaves: burnt, buttery waffle iron?

I think what's meant to be roasted almonds is, at first, closer to something that makes me think of butter and teflon on fire.

Once this starts drying in earnest, this wild phase settles into a mild, lightly toasted almond on a rustling DL background. The cream is scarcely detectable. Better, but I'm not sure it's enough.

This is a fiery bourbon concoction. The first blast of roasted roaring bourbon hit me in the kisser. This is potent! After some time has passed this mellowed to a cozy bourbon paste. I don't smell the almonds or the leaves, just the bourbon paste/ cream with a tiny tad of roast in the background.

Edited by theredkilt

Roasted almonds, whiff of cream and dead leaves. This is a very foodie DL blend. In fact, the main dominant notes on me are almond and cream. Medium thro and wear length.

I was hoping for a kissing cousin to DL & Scotch from a couple years back.  No such luck.  Here the DL are much less prominent, so that Dead Leaves, Roasted Almonds and Bourbon Cream is foodier than the DL & Molasses Pumpkin Cookie on my other wrist, surprisingly. Kind of a bourbon and almond flavored dessert vibe.  Unless the leaves kick it up a notch, this one won't be a keeper for me.  

Slightly over roasted almond with a cream that almost smells butterscotch-y but not, with a touch of dead leaves in the background. Very foody, but not really a food I’d want to put in my mouth. Overall it’s not bad, but there’s something here that just seems off, even though all of the elements are present and smell like they should. 

It’s like the almond/bourbon version of a pecan praline ice cream cone that I dropped in a gutter full of dead leaves. Now it’s just sad and covered in dried leafy bits and I don’t want to eat it anymore. 

*edit* 

There is something strangely compelling about this scent. After posting this review it started growing on me. Kind of. I’m still not entirely sure about it, but I did reapply it a couple more times that day to refresh it. There’s something very pleasant about it but also something that’s just a tiny bit off, but I can’t stop poking at/sniffing that little off bit to try to get a feel for it. 

Edited by AbbyNormal