Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dead Leaves, Peppercorn, and Pumpkins

Initial thoughts: this definitely smells like a Fall scent. I don't detect anything that smells like peppercorns or pumpkins, but it does smell nice. There's something darkly syrupy about it, and I get a hint of something that smells somewhat like eucalyptus, but it melds into the rest of the scent quickly. There is a freshness to it but not a light freshness, more of a grounded darker freshness. If that makes sense. Definitely not overly gourmand or sickly sweet, it's a nice scent and goes well for autumn. I like it so far.

After an hour it gets a bit of a wood/ forest scent, with something that hits the back of my nose almost like wintergreen would on the "backswing" of a sniff (but not distinctly wintergreen, just sort of that crisp light burn). There's still something sort of darkly syrupy, kind of like tobacco (but not actually tobacco, just the same vibe) and it reads just the faintest bit powdery. I'm still enjoying this one.

After 6 hours I can still distinctly smell it. It ends up still syrupy but not overly sweet and kind of woody. This is a nice autumn scent, I’m not sure if I need a full bottle but I am considering it.

This is nice...warm and smooth-like.  I love the DL note in this and the pumpkin blends with the leaves so nicely.  While I can't pick out the peppercorn, I do smell the pumpkin which is lovely.  Autumnal scent win!

Just got this, here are my notes:

Similar to other Dead Leaves I've tried (DL Red Wine & Black Oudh; DL Balsam Olibanum and Tonka), but…
A little sweeter? Not desserty, though.
I'm smelling something like celery and pumpkin!
Maybe other "savory" cooking herbs/spices... like cumin?
Definitely reminds me of autumnal cooking smells! Like cooking a fancy soup(?)

This is a very autumnal atmospheric scent. I smell the pumpkin rind and distant echoes of the peppercorn and muted dead leaves. The  blend is a wonderful depiction of what it says on the label. Comforting, warm and enveloping.  

Pepper, pumpkins, and a whiff of dead leaves. But again, this combination of pepper + pumpkin smells vaguely Indian cuisine to me, and ends up in a very savory place. Medium throw and wear length.