Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Ring of Light

A spicy, blindingly white scent: radiant pale musk, artemisia, white lavender, neroli, white pepper, and zingy white aldehydes.

This isn't as sharp as the notes make it seem. I mainly get the musk and white aldehydes with the tamest neroli (it typically hates me and is behaving more like bergamot here?) I've ever encountered and some artemisia (mugwort). The lavender is there, but it's not one of the main players on me. 

I don't think I need to upgrade my decant of Ring of Light to a bottle, but this was smoother than I expected it to be and absolutely evocative of its inspiration!

ETA: Just wanted to add that the final drydown reminds me of La Joconde!

Edited by doomsday_disco

If there's a hint of lemon or lime anywhere, my skin/nose will find it and give it a megaphone. Zingy - yes. This came across like Lightning with extra lemon lime. Very clean. Reminds me of a specific cleaning product they used to mop the floors in Guatemala. A hint of sweet lavender peeks out eventually. 

Wow okay, this is NOT a delicate pretty pretty. Yeah sure, okay, there's citrus-lavender in there. But mostly what I'm getting is something musky and astringent. I agree that it isn't as sharp as it could be, it hold together really well as a concept. But I also agree that it's a little cleaning-product-esque. I can't shake the feeling this is not something I should be handling without protective gloves.

Some of my favorite BPALs fall into the category of "WHAT am I smelling." Not a scent you recognize immediately or have a preconceived frame of reference for, but one that is just so interesting that it grows on you until it becomes a signature for a certain type of mood that you didn't even know needed its own scent. This one, I think, could play that role for somebody. Not me. But if you need a signature power scent that commands people to look at you? Ring of Light, baby.

Dry, elegant, slightly powdery musk (that gives off an old fashioned cosmetics powder scent in the drydown) and soapy aldehydes with a bubbly, citrusy, sweet tone that reminds me of bpal's champagne notes.   It makes me think of flapper outfits, fizzy booze, and The Great Gatsby.