Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I think I am just in mad love with cypress right now. I am insane about the Blue Cypress & Haitian Vetiver duet, and now I'm also  loveydovey on this one. It's rested for about a week. At first sniff on mail day I thought shit, this is going to be too mossy for me - but ALAS, tis' not. Just a wee bit of moss now, which suits me better. GD, I love this cypress note! And I love the gator label! Perfect for my Looziana soul, and they are just so kind & generous for donating to Ida relief. 

This starts off strong on the cypress, backed by the smooth Spanish moss. Over time, the Spanish moss increases in strength and becomes the dominant note on me (my skin chemistry generally likes to amp moss).

This is a lovely foresty duet that would be great to wear on its own or to add some foresty goodness to some other scents. I wish the cypress had remained as strong on me as it was in the beginning, because it is amazing -- but the scent still smells great even when the moss takes over. I may end up needing more of this one.

Mossy wood. This is definitely a swampy moss, and the strong cypress wood underneath. Medium throw, great wear length.

This is a warm, airy scent for me.

Cypress is the dominant note, and while wet it is certainly a bit sharp. After it dries down, however, it smells like dappled sunlight through dense cypress trees - like the canopy of the swamp rather than the floor.

Cypress is dominant on me, too. Comparing side by side to another Spanish Moss blend, this comes across as a piney oakmoss to me. It's okay, calming, probably use it in my car, more atmospheric than wearable on me but it does kind of make me think of a swamp vampires would dump bodies in, lol.