Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pomegranate & Juniper

Lush red pomegranate goes for a refreshing dip in a pool of freshness?

That was my first impression. At first, juniper showed up for me more as an ambient, cool blue-green freshness than a woody coniferous being. 

But as the scent developed on my skin, more of the tree came out: still cool and fresh, but a little more grounded.

I wasn't sure how these two very different notes would work together. For the moment, for me, the answer seems to be: Better than I might have thought... but still, it's an odd couple.

Pomegranate & Juniper reminds me of first-year dorm roommates. They didn't choose their cohabitant, and the two have wildly different personalities. They're lucky enough to get along pretty well for a full year; but after that, they naturally drift to new roommates who make easier companions.

On me this was mostly pomegranate, and I couldn't detect the juniper until well after it dried, about 15 minutes. I was very worried that the juniper would overshadow it, but gladly that wasn't the case. It almost gets close to being a soap or shampoo scent? It's a little close to the skin, not a huge throw. 

I think these work very well together, probably my favorite BPAL pomegranate scent after Pomegranate Sufganiyot! I think I'll be okay with my decant, but if you really love pomegranate I highly recommend this.

This is basically a fresh pomegranate note. I think the juniper really amps up the fresh green notes, but it smells like you cut into a fresh pomegranate. Medium throw and wear length.

The pomegranate in this is the seeds freed from the rind. Its sweet and fresh but not yet dripping its juice. There's a subtleness to the scent of just the seeds, still whole. There's also an almost floral element to this pomegranate that I'm enjoying. The juniper takes back seat to the pomegranate on my skin, but it's fresh and crisp, with just a hint of sap that one might get if a twig had been freshly snapped from the tree.

Overall, this is a bright and fresh blend, and I really like the way the notes work together.