Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Italian Lemon Peel & Orange Blossom

In the bottle, I get bright lemon peel and orange blossom. This isn't a harsh Pledge-type lemon -- it leans a little on the sweeter side and balances out the bittersweetness of the orange blossom. When I apply it, the lemon peel amps up a lot, with the orange blossom more of a background player. It's big on the citrus, but it's never harsh or bitter, just bright and sunny goodness. I can still smell it on my wrists several hours later, but the throw is pretty low. Highly recommended for citrus lovers.

Orange and lemon! This smells bright and citrusy. And while it has a good throw it has almost no lasting power on my skin. 20 minutes later and its gone.

Floral lemon candy. It reminds me more of candied flowers (orange blossom) than a lemon candy. Very sweet, though more floral than foody on me.

Orange blossom and neroli often turn to orange lollipops on me, and that's definitely in force here.

Bank teller orange dum-dums with a lilt of lemon. Sweet, citrus, and candied.

This is such a gorgeous morpher on me....goes from a rather masculine, bracing citrus to this soft, pretty floral thing over the course of a day.  In the bottle:  Heavy almost sharp--smells more like fresh neroli to me more than anything else, with only the faintest hint of orange blossom.  On, wet:  Aaah, there's the lemon peel; it's a nice bracing lemon peel like fresh Meyer lemon peel, with only a hint of sweetness.  Slowly, the lemon starts to sweeten up a bit but not in a gourmand/candy/Lemonheads kind of way.  Drydown:  Over the course of the day it goes from an almost cologne-like masculine citrus to a very pretty, floral citrus that sort of floats on the skin...my Mom used to wear something very much like the final item back in the early 70's (no, NOT Jean Nate' ) and I can't remember what it is but somehow it is so familiar.  Anyway it's pretty and fresh and clean as an all-day wear and I really like it a lot!

Such a bright happy fragrance! This is a mood lifter for sure. I get a very realistic lemon peel, sweetened by a little bit of floral orange blossom. This doesn't strike me as a candy lemon. It's more herbaceous. This phase doesn't last for more than a few minutes, but it makes a lovely splash.

The fragrance then softens and blends and I get more of the orange blossom fuzzed with a hint of lemon.

This isn't the kind of thing I wear often, but it's nice to have an imps-worth. No cleaning-supply lemon to worry about.

Edited by VetchVesper