Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Unsubtle Euphemism

Milk bread, amaretto, star anise, almond cream, and cardamom.

I'm going use the review I sent rivetted when I first tried this scent, because it captures...everything about this bottle for me. rivetted must have been inspired to send this one to me, because I thought I'd hate it and I'd have to wash it off but: But no. No. NO. That's not what happened. Holy shit. I am fucking blown away. I got salty buttery bread right off the cap, wafting out of the bottle, which oh no I did Not Like.  But the minute it hit my skin it just unfurled into this beautiful downy soft cardamon bun scent. It's so smooth and well blended. It's creamy without being cloying, the star anise and cardamon and almond cream just swirl together in this billowing magnificent little song of spice and comfort and toasted milk bread. The amaretto makes the star anise a warmed airy sugary thing. I actually smell a little salt, that salt on the crisp edge of a fresh sweet bun. HOLY SHIT. I AM NOT KIDDING. Rivetted. What have you done. RIVETTED I hate foodie scents. I THOUGHT I HATED FOODIE SCENTS. I can't stop sniffing the test dot. I can't believe I like this. I can't believe the almond cream behaves on my skin and doesn't smell like sickly sweet blossoms of DEATH. I CAN'T BELIEVE I LIKE THIS. I think Unsubtle would overwhelm me quickly if I were to actually wear it like a perfume, but what a scent experience. Just. WOW.

After I placed my final Shunga order, I IMMEDIATELY regretted not getting this bottle.  Luckily I've found one thanks to a very kind forumite and I'll actually be adding a FOODIE scent to my collection. Can't believe it, lol!

Magical. Weird. Perfect.

Edited by Llanval

i sent a tester to llanval because it's so worth the scent experience, even for folks like me who hate foodie scents - and i just had to come back and add - i swapped my bottle with someone, and immediately regretted it, and went and got myself another bottle. i dont even wear scents like this!! but i want to just open it and smell it again because it's just that unique and lovely~

go try it!!

Edited by rivetted

I had to test this one twice to gather my thoughts on it!

test one:

•oooo bread and yummy almond cream 

• Little anise makes interesting! 

• I love this one but it definitely won’t be for everyone! 

initial rating: 7/10

test two: 

Yummy bread with some kind of seed! Love the almond cream, really shines when scent is still wet. Cardamom is nice too (I’m normally not a cardamom person at all)

You can almost taste this! 

final rating: 9/10 and an apology for ever doubting it 

I don't get any of the notes in here, aside from bread. It's definitely very comforting, and reminds me of the bready Lilith from a few years ago: Loaf. 

I was expecting more sweet bread, but it came across more like the herby bread from Loaf, with a hint of sweet in the background. I am amping the bready note, and none of the anise, almond, or cardamom. It's still nice if you enjoy this kinda thing, but not the desserty bread I was hoping for.