Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cacao and Sugared Roses

Cacao and Sugared Roses smells exactly as described: like sugared rose petals dusted with cacao. The cacao manages to keep up with the sugared rose for several hours before the sugared rose wins out. The sugared rose in this reminds me of the highly sought-after Love from The Pickman Gallery: A Tremulous Song Lilith artwork collection from 2013, so if you're looking for a sweet rose scent like that one and aren't averse to cacao, definitely make sure you give this one a try.

I think this is lovely, but I may have too many rose/sugared rose scents to warrant grabbing a bottle. Still, I am tempted and will have to do some death matching just to be sure!

This is lovely, and yes, it is sugared sweet roses with a dusting of cacao.  The cacao note doesn't last too long on me, it's mostly rose and sugar.  The throw and staying power is moderate.

This is very similar to Love, as mentioned above, and even more similar to Fuzzy Pink Handcuffs (both of which are favourites of mine).   It's nothing like the previous Lupercalias of Cacao-Dusted Rose Petals or Quartre from the Dozen of Roses collection.  Both those are red rose notes, this is a sweeter pink rose.  

Sweet sugary pink roses, and a whiff of cocoa powder. If you love sugary roses, give this a whirl.

This cacao isn't the earthy kind, this is creamy white cacao if that even exists. Echoing what's already been said above, the rose is fresh and the most beautiful soft pink you can imagine, with petals dipped in sparkling sugar. Very pretty and girly, overall it is gorgeous, sweet and smooth with good throw. If you love Velvet Unicorn, Love and Loli.Goth you need this! 

Edited by Jenjin

This is gorgeous and I'm just thrilled that the sugared roses stayed true instead of becoming soapy or powdery on me! Sweet and very feminine, this is such a lovely fresh rose. I'd agree with the previous reviews that this would be a pink rose. Good throw, lasts through most of a day for me. This will be a delightful addition to my collection!

As soon as I saw the recommendation of similiar "pretty and girly" scents like Velvet Unicorn, I ordered a bottle 😂

This is a beautiful gourmand floral. The oil is like many of the dark chocolate scents I have from the lab, in that it is very dry and I find that I have to nearly pour the oil out in order to get the slathering effect I usually do with other scents. However, that's great in that the dry dabbing really helps with the powdery quality I'm about to describe. The cacao is powdery, dark and deep, and wet it is rich and wonderful. It is immediately followed by a heady and sweet rose. As it dries, the two meld together into a wonderful floral chocolate that I cannot stop huffing. It's as if you took fresh rose petals and dipped the tips in warm chocolate. 

Once you try to slather the oil, you get a lot more of the rose. I love doing this when I start my day, because it takes on more of a greener effect at the start of the fragrance. This is more like eating a very fragrant box of chocolates in front of your rose bushes. 

Absolutely love this and will cherish it for as long as the bottle lasts. 

Wow! On my this one is a morpher!

On the bottle Very delicious chocolate powder covering rose petals.

On the skin: the cacao goes way on my skin and first I can smell a beautiful rose perfume and then the dry down is mostly sugared roses! And I love it! smells delicious!!!the rose scent here is very fresh and beautiful!