Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Hanging Johnny

Oh, hello! Boy, that's some fresh hemp in that rope. It's just what it sounds like from there, there's the sandalwood yesss...then a light cedar. A faint hint of something waxy? I kind of love this. It feels playful. Just havin' a good time on a sun-baked plank, hanging people I guess.  

Simple and very pleasant. I was very surprised at how much my husband liked this one! Tested from a decant that rested a few days.

This starts as warm, spicy sandalwood. A little incensey. I was really interested in getting to know the 'hemp' note, as I've seen folks get really excited about it. I'm not sure if it didn't come through or smells too much like other notes that I can't distinguish it, but nothing novel here.

Eventually the cedar gains a little too much ground and tips this in the direction of mothballs for my liking. I really enjoy cedar sometimes, but maybe that's how the hemp rope note presented to me, as damp and industrial. Sadly, the sandalwood & spice lost ground on me.

This is the third time today I've reapplied Hanging Johnny, but I'm happy to do it.  It's a lot of hemp, with cedar and a cedary sandalwood, and the overall effect is outdoorsy and light-hearted.  I wish it lasted longer -- it would be easily bottle-worthy.  A different kind of unisex evergreen scent, with a prominent hemp note -- if Rogue has too much rosin or Ask the Nearest Hippie too much pot and patchouli, Hanging Johnny is your man. 

Red sandalwood and a whiff of hemp. Basically, I'm getting a ton of red sandalwood. It's sort of delicate. Very lovely.