Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Soft Reboot

A purifying blend crafted to help you release old patterns, sever problematic connections, and clear your cache of unwanted and corrupted data. Delete all the apps that no longer serve you: copal, white sandalwood, sage, frankincense, elemi, lavender, palo santo, salt, and nutmeg.

This is my first TAL blend, and it does feel different than a perfume oil. It asks that you wear it with intention. I have been wearing it to sleep and have felt softly rebooted when I wake. This blend is soft, lasts a few hours on skin. The palo santo is prominent at first, tempered by a subtle sweetness (the nutmeg?). I don't sense the other notes distinctly, as they blend seamlessly to support the palo santo. The effect is indeed purifying, peaceful. Would be a good meditation oil. 

I blind bottled this, and I have no regrets.

I've had no issues disengaging from that which no longer serves me, but the blend still called to me anyway, not only due to its purifying effects, but also due to it containing lavender and palo santo, which made me think it could be similar to TAL Security Blanket.

It does start off strong on those two notes, and is indeed somewhat similar to Security Blanket, although this one is not as sweet and less like a hug because it doesn't contain any vanilla. I can smell the sage along with the lavender and palo santo, and over time, it becomes more deeply resinous and brighter, with the sandalwood, frankincense, elemi, salt, and a pinch of nutmeg joining the much smoother palo santo. The salt and sandalwood kind of make me think of Meditation Buddy as well, which is another meditative scent that I really adore.

My boyfriend was having a really rough day yesterday, and once I put some of this on him, his mood changed for the better. And huffing this helped me get through work today.

I'm really happy I decided to grab Soft Reboot and recommend it for its effect as well as its scent. :heart: 

This one did appeal to me both for the scent notes and the intention behind it. Starting with the scent: It starts out woods and bright resins and even something like camphor, which I'm attributing to the copal and elemi alongside the palo santo. On my skin, it settles to a very soft palo santo and sandalwood, very similar to the Palo Santo & Sandalwood Duet. Which is in no way a bad thing, as I find that a very calming and peaceful scent. I think I need to test it a few more times to really get a feel for how it works in terms of intention, but this blend really does have a gentle, calming quality.

This is my first TAL. It starts off kind of sharp on me due to the lavender and salt coming through. That sharpness lasts a while and then it settles into soft sandalwood, frankincense, and palo santo, made more complex with the other additional notes (though the others dont come out in a way that I would be able to identify them). 

I find that, in terms of intent, it works much better for me in this settled state than it does when it is fresh and holding on to that sharpness. Since this is my first TAL, im still sorting out how exactly I want to use it, but overall I am happy to have a bottle of this.