Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

Weed & Whiskey

Upon first sniff from the decant, sharp recoil! That was unexpected. It smells more like cigarette tobacco than either weed or whiskey to me! Upon application, however, this is a very strong harsh whiskey, not the smooth bourbon I like to drink. The weed note here is a supporting player that doesn't stand out as distinctly as in my other weed-included BPALs. I really expected to upgrade my decant to a bottle of this, but sadly I have other boozy or weedy BPALs that I prefer. 

I agree with Poenari...upon first whiff it makes my teeth hurt. Cheap whiskey and weed. :sick: But now...the whiskey blends beautifully with the weed. On a non-headache day this will be wonderful.

At first sniff, this is so realistic it makes me laugh! The whiskey has a sharp bite at first, very high-pitched. But it calms down pretty quickly, and gets to smelling more like an aromatic cologne. The weed note is not green, but resinous and sticky-sweet, almost a hash note. It's a nice combination that gets better and better as is warms up on my skin.

Okay I'm having a bit of a different experience. In the imp I'm smelling sticky weed and sweet whiskey (I want to say bourbon) and something that smells adjacent to banana taffy.  On my skin the banana thing goes away and the weed gets a bit spicier. It reminds me of a fancy cannabis candle I sniffed one time. I rather like this, but don't know how often I'd wear it. 

Starts off as booze, and then you get this smoky sort of cannabis like green herb. It's the fanciest weed I've ever smelled. Good throw and wear length.

Suuuper sweet whiskey, and a very tiny amount of cannabis. I didn't get much cannabis from this at all, much to my chagrin. I didn't get more than a couple hours of wear out of this either, but I may just have to retest it after it's had time to sit for a few months. 

Edit: So after having rested for a good month, the weed is definitely more prevalent and takes a bit of the sweet edge off of the whiskey. Much more tolerable than it was initially.

Edited by coldcrypt

This starts out strongly whiskey-forward - sweet and smooth, not too harsh - with a backing of weed that I wouldn't necessarily nail as weed if I wasn't already told (in spite of being a medical user who's familiar with the scent).  The whiskey reminds me a bit of Sweeney Todd.  I guess Sweeney likes the greeny? 🙃

Once it dries down on my skin, though?  Through some sort of metamorphosis it's changed.  Rich, deep, expensive tobacco with a hint of vanilla.  Unexpected, but awesome.

Love.