Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Split-Level Suburban Tract Home

Oh dear, Ugh.  I'm not getting grass or drywall.  Kind of moldy vomit in a basement.  But I knew this one was going to be unique, and odd, and luckily I only got a decant to have "the experience"

This is somethin' else. I was so excited to try it because it sounded weird and a little scary, and I kind of secretly hoped it would smell like the suburban basements of my childhood, which were often graced with old hairballs or mildew-sodden carpets.

Well. WELL. I got what I hoped for, too much even. I could not bear to put this on my skin because I am weak and it was close to dinner time, but I dabbed it on a tissue. In the bottle and wet it is mildewed rug and, as lorizav mentioned, old cat puke + not a well-cleaned box in the corner of the room. There's a strong oudh that reminds me of the wham of oudh that I got from Nevertheless She Persisted but with none of the flowers.

When dry the indolic-ness calms down a just the tiniest bit, and I do get some of the chalkiness, but I don't smell any grass. I would be super curious to hear what anyone who likes oudh makes of this. I am amazed and horrified.

Edited by rhonorv

Ewwwmygod. Evil burbles like the amityville well in this basement, livingroom, kitchen, the toilet...especially the toilet. I couldn't put this on my skin. The indole is outta control... Beth has outdone herself on this one. Its an opus of emotive evil.

In the bottle: Like cat vomit on stinky sweat socks. There is something putrid and sour like bile and upchuck along with something sharper, like heavily concentrated body odor. 

On my skin:

Because of course I am putting it on my skin. Wet, the indole immediately starts to sort itself out. It doesn't lessen, exactly, but it becomes much more straightforward like oudh. Up close to the skin, I do get some freshly cut grass note. The drying down continues to lessen the intensity here. Still indolic, but the grass note does start to become more detectable. 

Just over half an hour in, and it's... surprisingly not bad? The grass note has become slightly more prominent than the oudh, though the indole is still very much present. A hint of something chalky or powdery -- I could speculate an amber or frankincense or black musk, but that's just speculation -- starts to emerge. 

A half hour after that, and it's mostly powder that I'd be most inclined to believe is black musk (as it's not sweet enough on me to be frankincense or amber - though that could be the other notes' influence as well). The oudh is still present but very faintly in the background, and there's no sign of green grass at all.

This is certainly a fun experience -- and if you can deal with the oudh, it turns out okay in the end!