Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

For the Love of God, Poetricia

On me it's brighter and more strawberry raspberry currant than the rich wine I was hoping for. Sweet and light like strawberry candy. Pleasant but I did not get wine out of it.  Totally wearable and if you love strawberry candy this is a light wearable version.

Hmmm...

I’m really just getting a vague whiff of sweetness from this. I sprayed it in my hair before reading the notes, and I had no idea what it smelled like other than “sweet,  without being cloying”.

It’s just alright.

I loooove this, so much more than I expected! 

Juicy, red berries (currants, cherry, strawberry, raspberry all blended together) ~ sweet but not sugary, and not achingly sweet...just right! I think the benzoin adds some resiny-almost-vanilla-y backbone - not getting any sherry from it....but it might just be blending in with the berries. I'm not mad about it, that was the one note I was hesitant about.

I can see this fitting perfectly in all seasons, honestly. Except maybe not 90+ summer days...maybe then it'd be too much. But a LOVELY winter and probably fabulous fall and spring scent. Getting a backup bottle with my next purchase, it's a huge hit for me! 😻❤️😻

I get a lot more fruit with this than wine and sherry. There is something syrupy and sweet in the background which might be the amontillado, but the fruit is the main player of the game. It's sweet without being toothachingly so. I really enjoy this and, although the wine/sherry isn't quite as boozy as I would have liked, I love berries and fruits and am happy to have a hair gloss centered around it. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would be and wearable day to day.

Juicy, red berries (cherry, strawberry, raspberry all blended together), with a touch of sherry. It's a very sort of sangria blend to me.

I love bpal's fruit scents and this one is delightfully juicy. It reminds me of Fruitbat Fruitbath bath oil. Freshly sprayed the amontillado and berries are the strongest notes but as soon as I smooth the hair gloss over my hair with my hands, the booziness disappears and I'm left with a light sugary vanilla berry scent. I can't smell any poppy tar, it is mostly red benzoin and juicy red fruit on me. It is surprisingly wearable and has light/medium throw. 

I normally stay away from wine scents as they trigger migraines but thankfully this doesn't bother me :love!: