Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Poisoned Apple Martini 2020

My first impression of this out of the mail was limited to "Yep. Apple vodka."

Days later, though, this offers a lot of maraschino cherry fresh on, alongside green apple and clear, room-temperature vodka.

In drydown, the cherry and apple dissipate and the vodka develops an unfortunate clear vinyl smell on my skin. It reads as though it might smell like ice cubes on someone else, but took a wrong turn on me. I start to find a little creaminess from the butterscotch, but never notice cranberry.

This blend winds up as a slightly creamy, somewhat boozy, clear vinyl on me. Time for a drink switch. 🍸

In the bottle, this reminded me a lot of Bobbing For Apples with a heady shot of something alcoholic. I know it's meant to be vodka, and maybe it's merely the name, but I keep smelling gin. It reminds me strongly of Bathtub Gin with apple.

Wet on skin it's apple, apple, apple, booze. Once it starts to dry down it becomes a boozy buttery apple. Some of the apple scents have never worked for me, tending to go a little floral, but this one behaves perfectly. I never got any cranberry or maraschino from it, but they may be keeping the apple behaving. After a few hours it's almost a caramel apple with a hint of gin. I know, I know, no gin in it but my nose is convinced there is. It's a definite winner for me, but then I have an overwhelming fondness for most of the lab's boozy fruity drink scents.

Cranberry, apple, schnapps and a whiff of maraschino cherry. This definitely smells like a sugary cran-apple booze drink. Good throw and wear length.

Older, slightly oxidized green apple juice in the bottle and on application, which dries to a stale, dusty generic booze. The recipe sounds like a delicious drink, but boy is it not working on my wrist.

Apple is definitely the loudest note while wet, but it settles into a caramel-apple vibe with clear booze. I would definitely drink this, it's a caramel apple martini, but I'm not sure I'm as interested in wearing it as perfume as I thought I would be.

There's a bit of tartness to the apple as it dries that might be the cranberry, but the cherry never peeks its head out for me.

Oh self. Why do you keep torturing yourself with apple scents that never work on you?

Wet: Apple hard candy? with the slightest hint of booze. Maybe the better description would be an apple jello shot? There's something sweet and candy-like(maybe the cranberry or maraschino cherry is contributing to that?), but also with booze. So.. probably something I would drink.

Dry: Mother of god. This.. didn't turn to potpourri on me?! 99% of the time, I cannot wear apple out of fear of smelling like a cheap bowl of potpourri. (Thanks, skin. Really cool of you.) Something here prevented that from happening, though. Is it the booze? I will say the booze is more prominent now. It doesn't smell like candy anymore, but it's still definitely a sweet apple. 

I like this!

This started out smelling very boozy, but now it resembles hard candy to me. The green apple vodka note was definitely the strongest initially, it made me think of sour candy. But when it dried down, the butterscotch schnapps and cranberry come through. I can't pick out the cherry note at all, maybe with more age the vodka will soften and I can smell it more. I think the butterscotch gives this a sort of waxy note as well. It's like one of those Werther's Originals hard candies with a touch of green apple and cranberry. Like if the candy was unwrapped and mixed in with fruit hard candies. Won't upgrade since I have a bottle of Apple Spice Hard Candy and I prefer that to this, but this is still a nice blend! I just wish it was more boozy instead of candy.