Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hellionetic

scents for teen boy

poked around a bit but didn't see any relevant topic, so. Just let me know if there's somewhere better for this.

My younger brother's birthday is coming up, and I thought I might get him a nice scent because... Well, look, he's a teen, they don't exactly smell the best in the world! I can't ask him what smells he likes without giving away my gambit but maybe some of you guys can help me come up with some potential options? He's a quiet, gentle giant of a boy, a skater, a snowboarder and plays guitar in his punk band. I'm thinking something masculine and kind of spicy without being overtly "manly" or adult, and I think he would best appreciate something that isn't too strong or sharp, but with enough lasting power to survive a show or a light skating session with his friends. Any ideas? I'm not even sure where to start!

@hellionetic Good question! I might start looking at some of the RPG scents in the general catalogue. Berzerker is a really nice masculine-leaning scent that is youthful and well-balanced. The artwork on the RPG labels is really cool and relatable, and you can choose which expression of the character you want. 

RPG is a good start because they are very basic scents that can kind of be a gateway to layering/exploring perfume.

I would also recommend Cyborg from the Grendel series: leather, metal, and bay rum, or maybe a few from the Illyria would work.  Titus, and Anthony come to mind. 

Edited by lamenteuse

Does he use any aftershave or scented body wash or stuff like the Axe sprays? If so, that might give you some tips. 

If Bpal is still offering GC decants, or sets of them, having a selection to try might be good.  HTH!

ETA: what about Dorian? 

Edited by thekittenkat

I feel like Dee is such an amazing unisex scent, though not spicy, it’s woodsy and comfortingly sexy. Antikythera Mechanism comes to mind, as my brothers like the tobacco scents I shared with them...

As above, I think an RPG decant bundle sounds like a fantastic start, especially with the sweet new label choices. 

An RPG bundle sounds like a great idea, thank u to you guys who suggested it!!

33 minutes ago, thekittenkat said:

Does he use any aftershave or scented body wash or stuff like the Axe sprays? If so, that might give you some tips

unfortunately no- our family tends to default to unscented products when we can, use plain unscented soap and my mom and I have made it very clear that axe isn't allowed within twenty feet of the household. I'm the only one who really goes out of their way to find scented things, and even then I like having the ability to control exactly how much I'm using and when. I will look into Dorian though!

34 minutes ago, artisjok said:

I feel like Dee is such an amazing unisex scent, though not spicy, it’s woodsy and comfortingly sexy. Antikythera Mechanism comes to mind, as my brothers like the tobacco scents I shared with them...

Ohhh you know what I actually have an imp of the antikythera mechanism on its way, maybe i'll try to get an opinion out of him when it arrives 👀

My son (16) likes The Bow & Crown of Conquest which is crisp, clean & intriguing. He also likes The Buggre Alle This Bible from Good Omens which is a nice sandalwood leather scent. 

Sherlock Holmes & John Watson would be worth trying, too, as well as The Scales of Deprivation & Death On a Pale Horse.

Eta: I missed that you were possibly looking for something spicy - woody & spicy are my husband's favorites! He loves Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn, Port Royal, Dee & Orion. I like him in Gingerbread Villain & Samhain, too.

Edited by alterosen