Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Thrills and Junk Food

Yessss! This one is amazing. I get lots of sugary, floofy, fruit-punch flavored cotton candy (and now this is something that I desperately want to try in real life) and warm, perfect popcorn with a tiny kick of salt. The popcorn becomes more prominent with wear. I’m sure that the day that inspired this blend was the happiest day! 

Blue cotton candy wisps, popcorn, whiff of pretzel and fruit punch. This one morphs into a fruity popcorn blend. It smells like candy and junkfood, and if you're into sugar blends, give this one a whirl. Medium throw and average wear length.

I like this one way more than I thought I would.

I haven't been having a lot of luck with cotton candy scents lately, I'm not that fond of fruit punch, and I feel like I have enough popcorn scents in my collection, but I saw this and had to try it anyways.

Thrills and Junk Food mostly smells of blue cotton candy and pretzels on me. I tried it twice, and it is predominantly blue cotton candy backed by some soft pretzel. I don't get a ton of fruit punch from this, fortunately -- but it could be because it blends so well with the cotton candy. There's a point, later in the wear, where the sugars in this start to smell a little caramelized on my skin, and it made me wonder if there's actually caramel popcorn in this instead of buttered popcorn, but no. It is freshly popped buttered popcorn, and it doesn't show up until several hours later. It's really nice and helps tone down the sweetness a little.

I think I'm going to have to grab a bottle of this. The cotton candy note is wonderful, and I'm thrilled that I am actually getting some pretzel from this.

I get the notes exactly as described. A blast of fruit punch, blue cotton candy, and then salty pretzels. I like it, but salt has started amping on my skin (including in blends that used to work well, so it's not just this or recent salt notes), which means no bottle upgrade for me, but if these notes are happy notes for you, I would recommend! 

This is one of the best foodie scents I've tried from BPAL so far! It starts off as only salty buttery popcorn, and then as it dries it morphs into the cotton candy and fruit punch blend leaving the popcorn note hanging in the background. I can't detect the pretzel much at all, I think it blends in too much with the popcorn for me.

It's a great theme park/carnival scent and very very sweet. I'm sure this would layer well with Mouse Circus if you are wanting some more of the popcorn note! Highly recommended if you're into these types of blends, I'm picking up a bottle of this before the Liliths go away!

I got a testable empty of this in a decant order and am surprised by how much I am digging it.  Foodies are my thing only occasionally, though I have found them comforting during the pandemic.  I would never actually eat blue cotton candy, and I avoid fruit punch, but I've recently learned how well the salt note works on me, so popcorn and pretzels are fun to wear.  This is sugary salty junk food, but the sugar bomb fades somewhat and the drydown is something like kettle corn.  Charming!