Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gleaming black leather wrapped around a hot red chypre, sweet blackcurrant, smoky vetiver, and patchouli, glittering with amber and pink peppercorn.

I took a chance on Berlin Girls because I was interested in the book and was curious about another Berlin-inspired perfume, even though the notes didn't really resonate with me. (Gleaming black leather sounded like it could be the chemical-y variety, smoky vetiver isn't really my thing...)

Well, the perfume is a pleasant surprise. I'm not generally a fan of fruity scents, but the star of the show is the sweet blackcurrant, and it is one of the varieties in Eat Me. Beneath it is the bright pink pepper note. The scent goes through a sharp phase, but eventually mellows out. I get touches of the vetiver and patchouli, but no strong, chemical-y leather here.

Berlin Girls is Eat Me's flirty, fun-loving, convention-defying sister. I'll be keeping her around and pairing her with Eat Me hair gloss. :dance: 

Bright pink pepper, sweet black currant, and amber and red musk chypre. This one is fruity, flirty, and musky. Honestly, it sort of makes me think of Taylor Swift. It's sort of a study in contradictions, and not as sweet or generic as you think. Good throw and wear length.

So happy to get a little decant of Berlin Girls! 
A sparkling berry and pepper, fancified with chypre (a little mossy it seems) with a hint of vetiver peaking out, and a subtle leather base underneath. Pepper retreats early on me. 
It’s a brighter scent than I expected, and not what I was hoping, yet enjoyable. A refined earthy berry. 
It triggers my scent memory real hard, so there must be something similar out there.... (Actually, now I’m thinking it’s these little round chewy fruit candies I ate a ton of when I visited Norway!)

Glad to try and have a bit to wear another day, and equally glad I don’t feel called to hunt a bottle down! 

Edited by artisjok

Started the new year partying like it's 1921--broke out my unused bottle of this. Wow, does this one switch up on me. In the bottle: Sweet floral with an overlay of strong hot red pepper. On, wet: Here's the crazy part--if I put it on exposed skin (inside of elbow, etc) it opens up into a floral thing with some berries and maybe a back note of patchouli. BUT if I put it on under clothing--shoulder blades etc--I get a spicy patch leather thing going on. Really two sides of the same coin; think femme dom from a naughty nightclub during the Weimar era--they really nailed this one! Long morphy dry down lands on (for both clothed/unclothed areas) into a dry complex floral with little pops of patch and amber. I always do my best to try to get BPAL KS exclusives and I'm glad I got this one.

Honestly, all the notes are there, and it's one sexy, sexy scent! Like standing outside of a sexy hellfire club with the door wide open. Realistic smoke around you, velvety dresses and drapes, a beautiful black leather, and sweet reds and pinks swirling enticingly into the night. The vetiver's a little too much on me unfortunately, but this is gorgeous!