Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Palo Santo & Sandalwood

Palo Santo and Sandalwood features a minty palo santo note that gives way to a dry sandalwood. The description fits the scent perfectly; I just wish the palo santo, which was dominant at first, wasn't so quick to retreat to the background on me.

For those wondering how this compares to Palo Santo and Frankincense, this does not feature the strong anise note found in that blend, and the palo santo is more prominent here. I feel like this scent is more comforting.

I'm going to hang on to my decant, but I don't think I need more of this one.

Palo Santo overlayed dried sandalwood. It's woody, sort of cedary, and very dry. Medium throw and wear length. But yes, pure. Very pure. In a very inoffensive way. But I imagine it would be great to add to anything you wanted to have a sort of mystical/religious vibe to.

This is a soft, soothing scent.  It is anise-forward palo santo with a soft, woody sandalwood.  The anise scent isn't harsh or astringent like it sometimes can be.  The palo santo takes a step back on dry down to contribute a nice sweetness to the warm woodiness of the sandalwood.  This is my favorite version of sandalwood.  I think this is my favorite duet.  It is just so soothing and calming.  

In the bottle, this is all anise. Fortunately, once on, the strong anise note from the palo santo softens, and a dry sandalwood comes out to balance it out. So, slightly minty, anise-y palo santo with a dry, soft sandalwood. Agreed with the above reviewers that there's something very mellow and soothing about it.

Very woody sandalwood wreathed in smoky Palo Santo. It's a meditative blend, both grounding and soothing. I like this quite a bit more than I was expecting because sandalwood is very hit or miss for me.