Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Hunter Moon 2019

As the winter encroaches, the time comes to embark on the last Great Hunts of the year. The deer are fattened, the fields have been reaped, and the light of the full moon illuminates the wild creatures that have come out to glean. This scent is redolent of night skies, falling leaves, and the high-pitched tension and release associated with the Hunt. A blend of traditional lunar oils touched with dry leaves, autumn bonfires, warm mulled wine, feral, animalistic notes and the chill of approaching winter.

I wanted the Hunter Moon 2019 shirt, and so I made myself get a decant of the scent to go along with it, even though I have a tendency to amp the Lab's wine note. I just feel like I have to try the scent if I am going to wear the shirt. :lol:

Well, Hunter Moon 2019 is wine-dominant on me for several hours of wear, but I find the mulled wine to be far more pleasant than a straight up red wine note. It's very lightly spiced, for those concerned about a possible spicy wine note.
Behind the wine, there's a touch of dry leaves (not cologne-y or bell pepper-y, thank goodness) and cool (but not cold or minty) air along with a bit of musk. But the wine is by far the star here. There's a wisp of bonfire smoke after the wine has calmed down somewhat (after five hours of wear), but I had to go looking for it.

Overall, Hunter Moon is a nice mulled wine scent. It's not something I need more of, but I am glad that I decided to try it. :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

Mulled wine, leaves, musk and bonfire smoke. This is musky mulled wine scent, and perfect for cold autumn nights and bonfires. DC had not Fall this year, but this gives you a taste of those cold nights bundled around a fire. Medium throw and wear length.

This warm mulled wine is delishus! I've been craving it, and Hunter Moon answers the call. Woohoo!

This is a gentle and quality red wine scent -- not sharp, acidic, or grapey. The spice plays lightly in it. I get a chill autumn night note as just a hint wafting over, and beneath it all, a dried leafy, grounding influence of the woods. 

This is a lovely one.

Date December 25.2019

In the bottle, I get a deep, woodsy scent that hints at some musk to come later. Right away this comes across as a very masculine scent.

On skin wet: the herbals and woods are coming to the forefront with some of that animal musk I got in Faunalia before. There's something in here that is slightly turning my stomach.

Dry 30+ mins: I'm getting some really mellow wood scents and a bit of herbals. There's still a scent in there that's turning my stomach. I've endured with this sort of reaction before, and I'm not going to chance a bad reaction. I'm going to have to wash this one off.

Worn 3+ hours: Washed off

Final thoughts: A great woods, herbs and musk scent. A bit on the masculine side. If you like Faunalia, or even Black Forest, you might want to try this one out.

Hunter Moon ‘19 is a feral beauty. Musky woods and herbal wine, a brush of those lunar oils and the winter chill give the scent a slight lift. 
The cuddly musk is featured, similar to Buck Moon, yet with a much different tone of supporting colors. The leaves have changed into their red and orange tones, and are drifting about in the wind. A few chugs from a wine skin keeps one warm enough, while gathering herbs and fallen branches in preparation for dinner over a campfire. 

I’ve been loving wine scents recently, and while sniffing my wrists I don’t sense it’s presence, I keep getting tasty wafts of that fruity tang coming up from my neck. 

Happy to have a bottle of this cozy atmospheric experience!