Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Gunpowder? This is a slightly diluted version of a bottle of gunpowder oil I have from way back when I fancied myself a perfumer.

Dry on skin: oh wow that's REALLY mellowed down. I almost can't smell anything except a musky/ leather smell. Very very close to the skin. Sillage is almost nonexistent.

Tried a few hours after delivery.  Not really my thing. In my swaps pile : ( 

This was a pretty desert blend, kind of a springtime southern California.

On my skin, it went surprisingly desert floral -- I think it was the cactus nectar. Cactus nectar, sage, and chaparral. Bit of a dry, brushy impression behind the cactus nectar.

Desert bees, rejoice.

Cactus nectar, sage, dry bush. This is a sweet, dry sagey blend. It smells like the desert on a spring morning. Medium throw and wear length.

Songs of Autumn III is dusty, floral, and smoky. Something in it also had a leathery quality on me, but I am not sure which note was doing that. It's more smoky than I had expected it to be in the beginning (must be the cinders), but it becomes dustier and more floral over time.

This one was out of my comfort zone, but I decided to try it because I live in the desert. Well, this doesn't really smell like the desert to me, but maybe that's because I live in a city in the desert. :lol: I'd like to find a scent that smells like the desert after it rains, but this is definitely not that, so I will pass my decant on to a new home.

Edited by doomsday_disco

A lot less dry and smoky than I anticipated, though that is definitely still an aspect. It's a very dry, desert herbal sage and smoky cinder with brushy bits I can't identity. And then the cactus nectar which lends tiny bit of floral sweetness that is just gorgeous.

In the Imp - Sweet grass/plant scent, slightly fruity.
Wet/freshly applied -  PLAANNTS. Then a more perfumey note starts to come forward as it dries on my wrist. By several minutes in, it's notably a lighter, drier scent than the freshly-cut green grass of Autumn I. At the 10-minute mark it smells like summer.  Perfume-y drying grass.
Half-hour in - Dusty, slightly-sweet skin scent, like dry desert warmth with a hint of sunblock. I never really got any smoke from this, and sadly it's fading pretty quickly.

I quite enjoyed Songs of Autumn III, but I quite enjoy Quintessence of Dust, and I found the dust note similar.  Songs III has a lot of dry notes:  dust, sage, tumbleweed, ash.  Then there's the sticky cactus nectar tying them all together.  Despite the cinders, it's not particularly smoky on me.  Dusty high desert and agave.  I had to get up close to smell it (normal with my skin chemistry), but it's comforting and grounding.