Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Blood of my blood: a deep crimson musk threaded with mesmerizing Tunisian amber, voluptuous champaca blossom, vanilla absolute, labdanum, bitter almond, and black orchid.

Reminds me of several department store perfumes from Dior and Versace, like it could be nestled in between Dior Poison and Versace Crystal Noir.  The almond is a sweet, grainy note and the vanilla is not very sweet, but it is present, and mostly this just has a very baby powdery amber and clean floral feel.  I usually enjoy black orchid, but this has more of a generic, hazy, clean, nondescript white floral smell.  Powdery, clean white floral that is barely sweetened with vanilla and almond.  I don't care for how powdery this turns on me.

I tried it today finally, and I love it in the bottle and on my skin -- musks are generally a good bet for me, with the vanilla and almond.   But ambers invariably fade so it had a very short shelf life on me.

I hate the word "flesh" (*shudder*), but I had to have this based on the notes. Wet, it's strong and reminds me a little of Snake Charmer crossed with Smut--a heavy vanilla-musk. However, on drydown it really morphs, becoming a soft almond with a slight "edge" to it. Not a foody almond, more like an almond flower, if that makes sense? I like it in both stages, but not as much as I love O.G. Snake Charmer.