Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Marian

First response, oooh. I apologize that this isn't the most detailed and I've copied it from my thoughts that I posted in a FB group, but this definitely has a vintage perfume vibe to it. Reminds me of my grandmother's bathroom when I was a kid. She had a drawer with some scented talcum powder in it, but also kept cleaning supplies like Comet under the sink. This just kind of reminds me of that whole area. That said it isn't unpleasant. I actually really like it and it's nice to have the reminder of her.

It's been about 2 hours since I put this on and I can still smell it without it being overpowering, so that's nice. It's still playing on the verge of old perfume and cleaning product haha. It's still very nostalgic and the "cleaning product" smell has to be the "fear" aspect.

I, too, get lime-tinged cologne from this, in the vial and on my skin. But on my skin, it's more high-pitched. I think there's a metallic aspect to the blood note. And there is something kind of unsettling about it, although I couldn't tell you why. Perhaps it's something in the musk. Or maybe it's the cleanliness. That feeling goes away after the scent softens somewhat with wear, though. It definitely makes sense for Marian, but it's not something I could see myself wearing.

...I'd rather wear this than Whitechapel, though. :lol:

I get sort of a warm musk at first and something that reminds me very slightly of The Brown Cat, so I wonder if maybe it's a brown musk?.  Hard to define.  I don't get any citrus/lime notes.  I don't get blood.  I do get some sort of ticklish spice though, which I'm guessing is pepper.  As it dries down, a powdery astringency emerges, so I can kind of see the AJAX/Comet vibe that someone mention.  It's not unpleasant though.  It's like a clean, austere skin musk with a hint of sweetness.  Like someone friendly who washes their hands a LOT and is fastidiously clean, but not soapy.  Not familiar with the character, but that's what I get.   

I don't get any of the fear or blood or creepy notes.  Marian is a ladylike clean skin type of scent to me.  Creamy like generic lotion and softly powdery with a hint of clean white musk.  Almost a non-scent like clean skin after a shower.  If I smelled this on someone, I would probably assume that they didn't put on any perfume at all, but that they had just put on a bland, clean, baby powdery smelling lotion.