Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Lilly

Demon Goggles

Infernal pacts always seem like a better idea after a few drinks: bourbon, sweet tobacco, brimstone, weed accord, and khus.

This is adorable and we all had so much fun going through this delightful collection.

In the bottle: An old, bustling Apothecary or witch's hut. Dried roots, resins and bundles of dry herbs, weeds and khus.

I didn't get the boozy or tobacco notes those words usually mean. Instead it was more of a not-quite-sarsparilla fascination.
We  loved it. The weeds are a very neat, interesting  note - it doesn't smell like a field, it's not "green" these weeds are dried.

Reminds me of The Apothecary or Witch's Garden.  

Hooooooooooo!  This is like Smokestack got drunk and burned the factory down!  In your face booze.  In your face vetiver.  I kinda like it, but need to see how it settles in.  It's like a guy who you kinda dig at the bar, but you wanna see how he is sober.  Anywho -- first impressions.  😝  I'll report back in a few weeks after we've settled in.  

ETA:  Reporting back faster than expected.  This is masculine and very acrid on me at first.  I was hoping that would settle out, but I doubt it will enough to work for me.  The sharp alcohol of the bourbon mixes with a harsh vetiver and a whiff of weed that is sharper smelling than it was in Stoned Griffon and Black Light Reactive Poster.  It's not STRONGER mind you.  I actually think it's more balanced by the strong notes here, but it's harsher.    

Everything settles down and smooths out fairly quickly, and I get a well blended fragrance that's reminds me of black musk  but isn't quite.  It's' also kind of old fashioned smelling.... but again.... just a bit off center.  The booze note has died down considerably.  I think this might work great for a guy who wants something a little edgy that can still pass for normal, but it's not for me.  The bottle art is great though.  ❤️ 

Edited by VetchVesper

Tobacco, bourbon, khus and a whiff of musk. This one is a boozy smoky musky khus blend. Good throw and wear length.

I can see this being a "manly" sort of perfume. Good throw and wear length.

In the imp: Weed and tobacco, dirty tonka, chocolatey bourbon

Wet: The. bourbon turns sweet and vanilla-drenched, and the overall effect is not nearly as pungent as the imp suggests it will be. Over the food notes is a layer of bonfire smoke and new age store patchouli.

Dry: A deep and earthy bourbon with an almost cliche patchouli; this smells like every rainbow-hatted, hackey-sack-bearing hippy I ever hung out with. A glorious reminder of the years I spent as a teenager, ensconced in spiritual bookstores and crystal counters.

Short lived, sadly, and with a strangely mild throw.

Stars: ★★★½

This is really weird, it was a boozy tobacco bubblegum when it was wet? As it dried that bubblegum note went away and now it's weed infused tobacco and bourbon. Interesting but I don't think I'll wear this much since I don't like the weed smell.

New to me; so glad I got a frottle of this. In the bottle: Dusty, dirty tobacco with a harsh booze note. On, wet: Spicy hot ashes with a backnote of weed; gradually gets less boozy and goes more towards weed and dry dusty grass. End of drydown/long day of wear...Dirty gingerbread! I am not making this up. Gingerbread laced with a bit of brimstone. No idea why, but here we are!