Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden amber, apple-crushed oudh, blackened apricot, sweet musk, saffron, neroli, and gilded leather.

Apple oudh and neroli on wet, and then I get the oudh, apricot, musk on a leather background. Monster throw while on wet thanks to the apple oudh. Oudh is not my friend.

Ugh. This is stinky cat pee/jasmine when it's wet, and I don't know where it's coming from. The neroli? The oudh? There's apple over top of it for sure, and it's not as bad when it drys down, but I still washed it off within 10 minutes. After scrubbing, it's traces of leather and...dryer sheets. Disappointing, I had high hopes for this one based on the notes.

Oh, man. 

So, this fragrance....It's...something.

Wet: I'm not sure how to describe it, other than "pungent" with notes of almost ammonia. Once you read "cat pee," you honestly can't unsmell it. I think it might be a combination of the sweeter apple with oudh - I'm not entirely sure.

On: It took a good 30 minutes for this to dry down on me. Even then, I keep catching whiffs of how it goes on wet, which isn't exactly ideal. The musk then becomes predominant, and there's that moment of, "Jesus, this is not working for me on so many levels." Musk doesn't typically play well with me.

However, closer on the skin (as in partially sticking my face down my shirt; it's cool. I look great doing it and not at all like a weirdo), there's the amber and mild neroli, and honestly, this part smells wonderful. 

With that being said, I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this one. The wet fragrance and lingering top notes are awful, and every time I reach for the bottle to give it one more shot, it's enough to make me want to put it down. But I bought it, and I don't want my money to go to waste (and I'm stubborn!), and I know that if I give this fragrance a good 30-40 minutes, then it becomes this wonderful, intimate little secret on the skin. Not enough for others to catch, for sure (because that top note seems to be the only thing that wafts off of me), but I'm used to that sort of payoff with oils. 

In the future, though, I'm probably going to avoid similar fragrance combinations. I'm leaning towards that apple/oudh combination that's creating that pungent top note. 

I think either way you hate oudh or love it. I love it! 🖤

It starts with zesty apple and dark animalic Oudh. Not stinky like hope Auspicio was fresh, but very dark! 🖤

Wet there are only those two notes dominating, while drydown little neroli emerges.

Dry oudh isn't that dark anymore and apple is gone. Completely dry a hint of leather is noticeable and still very little neroli.

Upgraded my decant to a bottle. 😊

A cage of leather,

Something tainted underneath. 

Disappointed cock.

This haiku pretty much sums up this scent for me. I hoped for more but got much less. 

In the bottle, I smell apples. On the skin, it starts out with the same oudh that is in Nevertheless, She Persisted, which is a little bit of a challenging "off" note. However, unlike Nevertheless..., with which you have to wait a long while before the iris takes over and makes the scent tolerable, Cock Cage settles down on me almost immediately to a soft, sweet skin musk, gentle and balanced, with a teeny bit of apple floating above the vanilla and leathery scents. I think this is rather pleasant, and it's unlike very much else that I own.

Edited by LadyMedb

There's definitely something about the oudh / musk / apple combo that is not working for me. I can pick out a strong oudh, but then there's a haze of something sour and acrid over it all. It remains that way on my skin. I had to wash it off after about 10 min, as it never morphed into anything other than stinky fetidness.

Just tested this~

I want to say I like it, because it is definitely lightly earthy, and kind of sweet, which is typically stuff I like. But, wet, directly on my skin, there's definitely a weird, stanky BO quality.

It does fade a little bit, and I get hints of golden fruits and the amber, as well as something almost....pine-y, or minty, but it's really overshadowed by the stank.

In a scent locket, or through my sleeve, it is very different! It's more of an astringent scent; sharp and green, with hints of spring flowers. But alas, the stank does still linger a little bit.

After about a half an hour or so, it's more manageable for me - it's more subtle and smooth, with a hint of woodsiness/smokiness, but I don't know that I like dealing with the wet stages enough to wear more .