Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Joyous Middle-Aged Couple

Green tea, white oudh, cedar, green mandarin, frankincense, bois de rose, and honey.

I get mainly green tea, mandarin, frankincense with a touch of honeyed rose. It's actually a beautiful, refined tea blend. It's more of a skin scent than anything, but gorgeous.

And hey, oudh isn't a huge monster for me on this.

Green mandarin is Queen on my skin -- a very green, but not bitter, mandarin. I'm loving this note and the green and orange colors is brings to mind.

This is a beautiful green mandarin green tea with refined hints of rosy woods. I don't pick out distinct woods, except for something like a rose-tinted rosewood. The honey's touch is light enough here that I only notice its sweetening effect in the blend when I look for it.

I love this in all its parts: the way the green mandarin blends into the green tea, the relaxed elegance of the woods warmed and given joy with a little rose, the restraint of the honey. I will need more of this one.

The opening reminds me of old school Guerlain perfumes, mainly a burst of mandarine over rosewood. This slowly morphs into something perfumey and musky (although there's no musk listed in the notes) and the honey rounds it out and makes it shimmery and sparkling. I'm happy i took chance on this blend, since i was afraid the rosewood would turn into rose soap.  

Oh. My. God. Getting older and still doing it smells fantastic. Thanks, Beth!

Really this is a gorgeous instant bottle buy. Tart mandarin is about as good on me as cognac...which means miraculous. The combination of everything is beautiful. One note cannot go without the other and hold its value. This is perfume blending at its finest. Green and orange colors are accurate. However this has lots of staying power. Rosewood is a brilliant bright woody floral base. Absolutely excellent.

I really wanted to love Joyous Middle-Aged Couple, but it doesn't work on me.  In the imp it's gorgeous, rich mandarin and white tea with a backdrop of woods, but once it hits my skin it's higher pitched than I usually enjoy and quickly goes to soap.  Really elegant, fancy, triple-milled French clementine soap maybe, but still soap.  I'm not sure which component or combination of components is at fault, but I'm jealous of the skin chemistry of the other reviewers.  

this starts with green tea, cedar and green mandarin-a woody, citrussy tea scent. it smells fresh and classic. a minute or two later i get a hint of rose, and it's a bit sour in this. luckily it's subtle. i love rose but bpal has some rose note that goes sour on me at times. i think i get even more cedar because this turns quite woody and green on me. it's like irish spring soap with woods on me...not really what i was expecting! was hoping for more rose and honey in this. oh well.