Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Discarded Shamisen Hair Gloss

Peach blossoms and cherry blossoms with vanilla husk, peonies, and orris root.

Lovely, elegant spring floral.  It’s cherry blossom + orris dominant.  It’s similar to I Suppose You are a Princess, but is drier and less creamy.  The vanilla husk and orris are probably lending the dryness.  This is really beautiful.  

Edit it to add that on second sniff it’s equal parts cherry blossom + peach blossom + orris.

Peonies, cherry blossoms and a touch of vanilla. This is a lovely cherry blossom scent. UGH, perfect for the spring and if you want to celebrate cherry blossom season. It's like a less sweet and fruity Kamisuki HG to me.

This smells exactly how it sounds, like a beautiful swirl of peach and cherry blossoms wafting in the air.  It's a very sweet floral. The gloss aspect is very nice as well, makes my hair very soft and shiny (but not greasy).  One of my absolute favorite scents, I'll even spend a few sprays around my bedroom.

A fresh, sweet blend of cherry blossoms and peonies! I think the vanilla husk must be adding to the sweetness, but I don't smell a "vanilla" note here. 

Perfect for Spring. Really pretty, but doesn't seem to last in my hair longer than a few hours.

Unfortunately this was much sweeter on me than I anticipated - initial spray is peach and cherry and vanilla, and while the cherry blossom and a bit of the peony come out, the soft milkshake vibe of this never leaves.  This reminds me of a cherry blossom drink I got at a Shake Shack in NYC in late March. It is nice and it is springy, but it smells sweet to me, not fresh, and a little candied.  As I described it to a friend, it reminds me of a Sweet Lolita dress where the print isn't foody or dessert-themed.  It's not food and it doesn't remind you of food, but it still reminds you of cupcakes and sweetness all the same.  A little bit of a letdown for me.

This is so gorgeous, and such a great companion to so many of the Shunga perfumes.  I am getting a delicious floral blend of fresh peach and cherry blossoms, offset by the orris root and the faintest hint of sweet vanilla.  I would pair with any other cherry blossom or peach blossom scent!