Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

Birdsong at Twilight Hair Gloss

Amber, tangerine, and orange blossom with tobacco, almond blossom, and golden patchouli.

This one reminds me of the Phallus Festival atmo, except it’s a lot less foodie, sweet, and cloying.  It’s almond blossom heavy.  It smells like a honeyed almond + orange blossom cookie.  It’s really nice!

Funny, I get mainly tobacco, a whiff of patchouli, amber and tangerine. This is mainly a citrusy sort of tobacco with whiffs of patchouli and honey.

Sniff sniff.... Krampus Lace?   Or something lighter, but very reminiscent of...

That was my first impression of this one, along with, it smells a bit like Portrait of a Young Woman w/a Unicorn.  They all belong in the same family to my nose.  I think it must be the tobacco, amber, honey blend.  I'm also getting a light weight red musk from this, which isn't listed, but I swear my nose says it's here. 

I went ahead and dabbed on some Krampus, and then I became more aware of the differences in Birdsong at Twilight.  Besides being lighter, it's got a delicious creamsicle thing going on underneath the tobacco.  Yummy.  

Whether my loony nose is playing tricks or no, this is very nice.  Lighter weight and warm weather appropriate.  I'm going to have to call it Creamsicle Krampus. 

I get peach and patchouli. I suppose the amber and citrus could be working together to make things peachy. This is super pretty. I wouldn't recommend it for tobacco or citrus lovers, but fruity + patchouli lovers.

VetchVesper kindly shared a decant of this with me, and I totally agree with her assessment.  The first note I caught from this, what I expected to be the first note listed, was that incensey light red musk (maybe getting the incense vibe from the tobacco?).  I'm not getting orange blossom, which is completely fine with me, or much in the way of tangerine, but there is a little almond blossom, and the sweet patch, honey and amber combine with a pale tobacco to make a scent that is breezily sexy and really, really pretty.  This wasn't on my radar at all, and I'm so glad to have it!

I agree with @Lucchesa that Birdsong has an incense vibe. The blossoms are pretty subdued. On me, this is an amber/patchouli/tobacco blend, which makes me really happy!